Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 04:55 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,306,051 times

Advertisements

Question for anyone who can help.

My girlfriend got a beautiful antique bedroom set a year or two back at a store that she thinks was in Whitman. She said the person's name with whom she dealt was Rich, and that the store may or may not have been named Rich's as well. She also recalls that they once had another store, perhaps in Hanover.

I am now looking to get a bedroom set and would love to get something along the same lines, and for about the same price, as what she got. Unfortunately she doesn't remember the details on the store and my independent research has not turned up anything concrete.

She got a gorgeous refurbished mahogany bed frame, a dresser, and a chest of drawers for something between $1500 to $2000. It looks great and is very solid, and seems to me a better deal than getting something new at Jordan's or whatever (unless they do a Patriots Super Bowl freebie!!!!). I am wondering if any of you are familiar with the store where she got it, or with any store in the general Boston area where I might get a deal like that.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,888 times
I know the place you are referring to and it was AWESOME! I want to say it was called Whitman Furniture... it was right down the street from the Whitman train stop. I had heard he (Richard) went out of business. If I heard wrong and he is still there, like I said it is almost across the street from the Whitman T stop. I loved them for the LOW prices on repainted antiques... things you did not feel guilty about repainting yourself. The old stuff was made sooo much better than the new stuff. Good luck if you have not long given up your search. (Please let me know if they have not...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston