Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 07:16 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times

Advertisements

I have seen immigrants for all corners of the world not cry for help, and just buckle down and do their thing with blinders on. And i have also seen complainers at work. I have no problem, but I know how to identify each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 07:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I have seen immigrants for all corners of the world not cry for help, and just buckle down and do their thing with blinders on. And i have also seen complainers at work. I have no problem, but I know how to identify each.

So, children are like complainers at work. Got it.

And yeah, um, "national origin" is one of those protected classes. Thankfully.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 AM

No. parents demanding landlords to de-lead and dog friendly their apartments are.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
No. parents demanding landlords to de-lead and dog friendly their apartments are.

So, people requesting their rights under the law re lead are "complainers"? Just, uh, wow. That's pretty far out there. You must think women fighting back against sexual harassment are "complainers" too.

Never heard of anyone demanding a landlord dog friendly an apartment. That's a good one too.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:28 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,699,186 times
Quote:
Pets aren't a protected class. The deleading is the law, whether you like it or not.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So, people requesting their rights under the law re lead are "complainers"? Just, uh, wow. That's pretty far out there. You must think women fighting back against sexual harassment are "complainers" too.

Never heard of anyone demanding a landlord dog friendly an apartment. That's a good one too.
Dude.. you really are stretching.
What I'm saying is. that in this market if you demand a room be de-leaded the landlord has 5 other people in line that don't need that.

"You must think women fighting back against sexual harassment are "complainers" too. "

^ And thats not a stretch at all.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is. that in this market if you demand a room be de-leaded the landlord has 5 other people in line that don't need that.

"You must think women fighting back against sexual harassment are "complainers" too. "

A woman's self ownership of her body is not at all comparable to your ownership of your own house. Totally logically consistent to be against rape and for renting to whoever you want.

People never cease to amaze me with their metaphors.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 AM

It doesn't surprise me, the tactics that people as this use to try to make someone inferior are quite embarrassing.
you don't want to rent to a woman with a little helpless child? You must love rape and hate blacks!
Rock on dude. Keep fighting the good fight!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:

No, no stretch, you apparently have a problem with people exercising their legal rights, and call them complainers. It seems consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
A woman's self ownership of her body is not at all comparable to your ownership of your own house. Totally logically consistent to be against rape and for renting to whoever you want.

People never cease to amaze me with their metaphors.
No one mentioned rape. And you can rent to who you want, as long as you don't violate the law doing so. You can not rent to people because they have kids, or because they are black, or because of their gender, or national origin, etc. These are protected classes.

If you're a landlord, you're running a business, and you can't break the law while conducting your business. Simple. This should not be controversial.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:17 AM

Thats an adult thing to say when people are talking about de-leading apartments right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston