Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 10:30 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I'm a City/Transportation Planner... I work for the people, not for people looking to supplement their income

Who built the place you are living in? A city planner or a private home builder/developer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2023, 05:04 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Every city's payroll is bankrolled by people's tax on earned income.

Old 05-26-2023, 05:23 AM

16,305 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Pretty much any business is about making money off other people. Especially is a city like Boston a landlord is looking to make money off all these techbros and pharma folks. No one becomes a landlord so they can help anyone financially and give them a deal. That's actually funny.

Old 05-26-2023, 06:48 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
I'm a City/Transportation Planner... I work for the people, not for people looking to supplement their income
Do you propose these builders just pay these extortion fees and pipe down? Do you not think that the "minority partner" who is forced to be hired will not be making money off of other people? Do you think that the $1.5 million is not coming from "people"

Old 05-26-2023, 08:08 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Do you propose these builders just pay these extortion fees and pipe down? Do you not think that the "minority partner" who is forced to be hired will not be making money off of other people? Do you think that the $1.5 million is not coming from "people"
Not saying he is lying, I just feel this is grossly overexaggerated.

Developers make so much money and have some of the highest profit margins of any industry. If you want to capitalize on making homes for the middle class with 20, sometimes 30%+ profit margins on valuable land, give a lit bit to make your goal come to fruition.

$1.5 million for a public park is a drop in the bucket for the hundreds of millions you would spend on naming a 50 unit residence. If they can't afford that, they need to get out of the game altogether.

Personally, these developers make the cheapest most forgettable apartment complexes now and still charge 20-50%+ more than the average rent. Why not make them put forward some extra's, because we sure know these apartment building will be half arsed anyway. They extort residents for erroneous rent, lets have them come full circle.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:40 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:

Developers make so much money and have some of the highest profit margins of any industry. If you want to capitalize on making homes for the middle class with 20, sometimes 30%+ profit margins on valuable land, give a lit bit to make your goal come to fruition.

$1.5 million for a public park is a drop in the bucket for the hundreds of millions you would spend on naming a 50 unit residence. If they can't afford that, they need to get out of the game altogether.

Personally, these developers make the cheapest most forgettable apartment complexes now and still charge 20-50%+ more than the average rent. Why not make them put forward some extra's, because we sure know these apartment building will be half arsed anyway. They extort residents for erroneous rent, lets have them come full circle.
You are speaking in very general terms with no idea who these builders are.
How does forcing someone to have a minority partner benefit anyone besides that said individual.
This is not an exaggeration at all. This is documented and is going to court if you care to find out.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:52 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
You are speaking in very general terms with no idea who these builders are.
How does forcing someone to have a minority partner benefit anyone besides that said individual.
This is not an exaggeration at all. This is documented and is going to court if you care to find out.
I don't.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:10 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
I have a job, I don't need to look into making Money by exposing lower income renters by trying to fund a third trip to Europe

If they can't make it work, they need to get out of the game.
There’s the problem. Making ill informed statements on something you can only see a tiny picture of.
When I came to Atlanta I asked about buying rental property. An idiot like you,told me to get lost and take my greedy landlord money with me.
I did and went elsewhere. I took my money and bought and rehabbed 13 boarded up houses and rented them to lower middle class tenants.
You probably don’t realize the impact of leaving houses boarded up in a neighborhood. Brings it down and encourages blight and crime. Also the more houses available, the more supply there is and the lower rents are over all.
It I’m sure this is way out of your comprehension so continue to live in your fishbowl.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Oh so you suck money off of the taxpayers. Most likely overpaid to work inefficiently and collect a juicy pension. You don’t work for people, you work to enrich yourself.
You want to work for the people truly? Go volunteer and donate your ill gotten pay checks.
Talk about someone lying to themselves.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:

You feel?
Or know.
Where is proof in all your statements.
Why not use the taxpayers money for a public park, heck they are paying your salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston