Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 05:44 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Larsen View Post
IMO and that of a number of old school NY-NH area pizza mavens, the best of Regina's and Santarpio's mother ship location pizza should be pizzas without too many toppings, especially vegetable ingredients that leak moisture: the crusts of both shops, while different, are not designed to be enjoyed merely as topping holders - not only do they too readily get soggy if overtopped with moist toppings, but the lovely flavor of the crusts gets buried and lost.
I agree---I always order a plain cheese pizza at Regina's.

Native Bostonian that I am, I've never made it to Santarpio's as Regina's keeps calling my name

ETA: Pizzas baked in coal-fired ovens are expected to have some char on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 06:03 PM

16,359 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I love Mama Mias!
Ive had their food but not their pizza.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:50 PM

23,549 posts, read 18,700,598 times
I have to say though, tonight I had Lynwood Cafe and sometimes you just can't beat the simple stuff.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:36 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Anyone like anchovies 0n their pizza? It's been awhile since I had anchovies in pizza. Pizza can not be sloppy or wet. Extra cheese ruins a pizza. I'll have to try that Regina the next time I'm in Boston. Oh there is one in burlington that is closer .
I've been told the "satellite" locations of Regina's are not as good. Is that true? Would be a heckuva lot easier for me too than hitting the North End. There's a joint in Woburn called Polcari's that claims to serve Regina's Pizza...anyone know if that's authentic?

Old 06-05-2023, 09:35 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I've been told the "satellite" locations of Regina's are not as good. Is that true? Would be a heckuva lot easier for me too than hitting the North End. There's a joint in Woburn called Polcari's that claims to serve Regina's Pizza...anyone know if that's authentic?
Some years back I tried the Regina's in the Quincy Market and it wasn't the same as the original.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:43 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,663,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Some years back I tried the Regina's in the Quincy Market and it wasn't the same as the original.
None of them are like the Thacher St original.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:52 AM

12,848 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I have to say though, tonight I had Lynwood Cafe and sometimes you just can't beat the simple stuff.
Honestly, I'll take a South Shore Bar Pizza almost any day of the week over Regina's, etc. Lynwood (bean special) is my favorite of the bunch too. There are some SSBPs in Boston/nearby (Hot Box, Bardo's, City Slicker, etc.), but they'll charge $15+ per pie which is nuts for the style.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:52 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times
Quote:
I would not be surprised if it's different from location to location like a lot of restaurants. I know where polcaris is but never ate there. If you go into Boston you have to take public transportation because there is no parking.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:58 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times
This looks like the style of pizza I like. As someone mentioned Florina......
https://youtu.be/AOZtVanaD9k

Old 06-06-2023, 08:48 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,320,311 times
Quote:
Can't speak for all locations, but the one at Fenway (and the stuff they claim is pizza sold inside the park) is not great.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I believe that with pizza and bbq the oven plays a major role. A new stainless steel high-volume oven can't reproduce the built-up flavor profile that a decades-old (if not century) brick oven has accumulated. Newer satellite locations aren't going to be quite the same as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston