Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 02:43 PM

16,898 posts, read 8,579,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
It's Pride Month and this story goes against the agenda
That's what turtleboy said. That and Juneteenth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 03:01 PM

18,113 posts, read 9,438,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Now, please enlighten me as to why you think BPD saying the adults are the kids’ parents is a lie? I’m not sure what the motivation would be for that.
Nothing in the BPD update passes the smell test, IMO.

Based on the reaction from the first responders, I suspect that this was a sex and drug party that involved sexual abuse of the children. If that's the case, plenty of motivation to cover that up.

Quote from City Councilor Erin Murphy: "Firefighters heard a cry for help and uncovered the children"

Quote from State Senator Nick Collins: “No child should be exposed to what these children were exposed to.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
And for that matter, why you’re so certain one account is true and the other is a lie?
For me, it's as simple as this...

One side has a reason to lie, the other doesn't.

Old 06-23-2023, 03:41 PM

This is even more horrifying:

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...rough-daycare/

https://tbdailynews.com/new-hampshir...vq52gOBV__tGGE

Old 06-24-2023, 04:05 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,144 posts, read 21,279,901 times
Laura Petrie called, she wants to remind people this isn't the 1950's anymore.

Old 06-24-2023, 06:09 AM

5,174 posts, read 2,749,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
If the press release on the BPD website is inconsistent with what the officers found at the scene, I have no doubt that the Boston Police union will issue a public rebuttal.
Well now the firefighter's union has come out with a statement. Where is the BPPA? I mean if police arrived later and the scene could have been cleaned up this should be acknowledged. Implying that BFD are liars is pretty inflammatory. This doesn't improve an already rivalrous relationship.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/06...e-od-den-call/

Old 06-24-2023, 09:11 AM

109 posts, read 99,968 times
The Boston Housing Authority (BHA) must answer much more than what they have just said. Previous reports from the media stated that it was not clear if the children lived permanently in that apartment. The BHA should have information about the composition of that household, if there were minors on the lease, the results of the most recent unit inspection, and their criteria for inspections.

I'm also reading that mayor Wu and the BPD are disproving the initial report from firefighters, who were the first on the scene. Why? Firefighters are mandated reporters, and mayor Wu is telling them liars. This situation is like for a massive firefighter resignation to seek employment where their services are truly estimated.

This is a case of irresponsible hedonism.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:23 AM

I guess I don't know what is the role of BHA. I mean it seems pretty nice that BHA and section 8 vouchers are there for people in the first...but in addition to that BHA also needs to be babysitting and monitoring adults to make sure they're taking care of children correctly? I'm guessing it isn't easy for them to monitor every single situation. They should have some insight into the kinds of people living there but they're not police of DCF. Most people who need section 8 in the first place are probably not the most responsible people.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:55 AM

23,829 posts, read 18,992,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I guess I don't know what is the role of BHA. I mean it seems pretty nice that BHA and section 8 vouchers are there for people in the first...but in addition to that BHA also needs to be babysitting and monitoring adults to make sure they're taking care of children correctly? I'm guessing it isn't easy for them to monitor every single situation. They should have some insight into the kinds of people living there but they're not police of DCF. Most people who need section 8 in the first place are probably not the most responsible people.

They have occupancy requirements just like most places do ie. can't have multiple "families" living in one unit. Baby daddy shacking up (who's not on the lease), isn't supposed to be happening either. Drug activity is not allowed. Enforcement is an entirely different story though.

Old 06-24-2023, 11:08 AM

109 posts, read 99,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No, the BHA should not be babysitting and monitoring adults, that's dehumanizing. I meant that, given the unsanitary condition of the apartment at the time when the firefighters entered, the BHA should disclose the results of their most recent unit inspection, which includes if the tenant is taking good care of the apartment. In addition, the BHA should reveal the household composition (according to the lease) because it was not clear to firefighters if the children lived there permanently.

Child abuse, sex and drug parties can happen in any household regardless of sexual orientation or economic status. But repeated unsanitary conditions are a violation of any rental lease and subject to eviction. My argument is not whether they deserve or not their housing subsidy, but under what conditions they kept the apartment. Many housing authorities fail their federal inspections and they hide it. I know a recently renovated housing project in Boston with structural problems in some buildings that the BHA never reported or detected until the new management company started the renovations.

Old 06-24-2023, 11:12 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegomar2007 View Post
No, the BHA should not be babysitting and monitoring adults, that's dehumanizing. I meant that, given the unsanitary condition of the apartment at the time when the firefighters entered, the BHA should disclose the results of their most recent unit inspection, which includes if the tenant is taking good care of the apartment. In addition, the BHA should reveal the household composition (according to the lease) because it was not clear to firefighters if the children lived there permanently.

Child abuse, sex and drug parties can happen in any household regardless of sexual orientation or economic status. But repeated unsanitary conditions are a violation of any rental lease and subject to eviction. My argument is not whether they deserve or not their housing subsidy, but under what conditions they kept the apartment. Many housing authorities fail their federal inspections and they hide it. I know a recently renovated housing project in Boston with structural problems in some buildings that the BHA never reported or detected until the new management company started the renovations.
When they say unsanitary I'd be curious on what they mean there too. Was there dog/cat crap on the floor? or just food left out for a few days? I again am not sure BHA can tell people how to keep their place but there should be some rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston