Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 12:47 PM

16,665 posts, read 8,369,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Not sure about that. We don't know what the agreement between the business and card service involves. I mean, if the customer actually breached a legal contract, the owner could seek a remedy in small claims. Interestingly, as far as we know she didn't. It's possible that the card agreement states that cancellation fees are not hard agreements and that extenuating circumstances, when proven, may apply.
and that is what seems crazy to me - this is all over a diner reservation. It wasn't a wedding or some huge event. What kind of world are we living when a restaurant that brings in over a 1M a year needs to go after a customer for $250 and sends the personal hateful messages. Crazy. Deal with it...someone made a reservation with you and didn't show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2024, 01:34 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,705,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
However it went down, the customer initiated it and the decision was clearly based on the customer's hospital story.
You're implying it's just a story. Any proof of that?

Old 02-28-2024, 01:47 PM

12,938 posts, read 22,109,374 times
Quote:
Not sure about that. We don't know what the agreement between the business and card service involves. I mean, if the customer actually breached a legal contract, the owner could seek a remedy in small claims. Interestingly, as far as we know she didn't. It's possible that the card agreement states that cancellation fees are not hard agreements and that extenuating circumstances, when proven, may apply.
You're right. We don't know what the agreement involves and it could potentially allow for a chargeback of cancellation fees under extenuating circumstances (with proof). But even if the agreement does state something along those lines, I'd have to think such situations are fairly rare and the decision to charge back any business isn't taken lightly.

I would also imagine that Resy (who handles their reservations) doesn't have too many holes in their agreements with card companies. If I were the business owner, I'd probably also approach Resy about it. They probably can't do anything about the disputed charge, but they may be able to offer her a credit for a free month or two. I'd be surprised if she knew that a chargeback on a cancellation fee was even a possibility.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:04 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
I really don't care what her policy is. She prides herself on having a F*** you attitude. She thinks it's cool that her dogs are in the kitchen, and that they occasionally s*** on the kitchen floor. I mean...WTF? Her attitude and behavior shows me all I need to know about the establishment. I'd never set foot in the place.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:14 PM

16,665 posts, read 8,369,674 times
lol, yeah the sh*tting dogs is pretty nasty. How is she about hand washing? I'm guessing probably not great if she's ok with crapping dogs in the kitchen.

It also isn't clear to me in the ridiculous policy that you'll be out $250 if you can't keep your reservation. Again, I don't blame the customer for disputing the disgraceful 'punishment' fee.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:16 PM

I have no desire to spend $100 plus per meal and sit in what amounts to a trough, elbow to elbow with a bunch of potential savages chowing down next to me. Not my cuppa tea. I'll give it a hard pass!

Old 02-28-2024, 02:22 PM

17,877 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Quote:
However it went down, the customer initiated it and the decision was clearly based on the customer's hospital story.
Quote:
You're implying it's just a story. Any proof of that?
Am I?

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was just a story.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Am I?
Yes

Old 02-28-2024, 02:26 PM

17,877 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I really don't care what her policy is. She prides herself on having a F*** you attitude. She thinks it's cool that her dogs are in the kitchen, and that they occasionally s*** on the kitchen floor. I mean...WTF? Her attitude and behavior shows me all I need to know about the establishment. I'd never set foot in the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
lol, yeah the sh*tting dogs is pretty nasty. How is she about hand washing? I'm guessing probably not great if she's ok with crapping dogs in the kitchen.
The dogs are at her house kitchen, not her restaurant kitchen. And she doesn't cook at her house...just gets takeout.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:30 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
The dogs are at her house kitchen, not her restaurant kitchen. And she doesn't cook at her house...just gets takeout.
Don't care what kitchen it is. Anyone that thinks that is cool and something to crow about, is not anyone I want cooking my food. I don't care if it's free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston