Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 04:04 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Lemme guess - you're "in the ring" (city street) cuz you're super tough, right?

Well ill tell you what a mentally ill man with a maaaaaaaasive knife (probably a machete actually) got within 2 feet of y face and threatened to stab me on the redline southbound train in 2017 at Ashmont. For looking at him. I calmly walked away.

If I was a police officer with bulletproof vest, a vehicle, radio, backup, and non-lethal forms of defense, I wouldn't have even thought to apply lethal force or fire my Glock.

Police manage to do it every day without issue. Some cant. Not everyone is competent at their job. And the city has to cut that check regarddess of what ring I am not or am in.
As if every situation is the same? You're kidding me right? Are you really that dim? Maybe you are since you think walking away from a guy who clearly didn't want to knife you is something that YOU can take credit for. and amounts to the same as having a knife wielding disturbed person come at you. LMFAO

Your situation has nothing to with the situation at hand which is about law enforcement responding to dangerous situations involving armed mentally unstable people. Your situation is also not about you placing your own personal life on the line to protect others, which police across the country do every day. You have no idea how quickly a person armed with a knife can take someone out before an officer can defend himself....or others. And you have no clue how difficult it can be to shoot to stop someone coming after you with a knife by trying to shoot them in the leg or some other less lethal area, with adrenaline pumping through your system. Law enforcement is trained to shoot center mass, for reasons supported by science....and backed by court decisions.

But, by all means, keep blowing your pie hole about your dramatic subway rides and how you can do the job better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 04:06 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Lemme guess - you're "in the ring" (city street) cuz you're super tough, right?

Well ill tell you what a mentally ill man with a maaaaaaaasive knife (probably a machete actually) got within 2 feet of y face and threatened to stab me on the redline southbound train in 2017 at Ashmont. For looking at him. I calmly walked away.

If I was a police officer with bulletproof vest, a vehicle, radio, backup, and non-lethal forms of defense, I wouldn't have even thought to apply lethal force or fire my Glock.

Police manage to do it every day without issue. Some cant. Not everyone is competent at their job. And the city has to cut that check regarddess of what ring I am not or am in.

Ummm....a knife is a lethal weapon. Are you suggesting the police wait to get stabbed before pulling the trigger?

Old 04-01-2024, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Law enforcement is trained to shoot center mass, for reasons supported by science....and backed by court decisions

Anybody who says "just shoot him in the leg"...next thing you know they will be arguing about how they should wrestle the knife away from the suspect in some Hollywood style made up jiu-jitsu move.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Anybody who says "just shoot him in the leg"...next thing you know they will be arguing about how they should wrestle the knife away from the suspect in some Hollywood style made up jiu-jitsu move.
No, he did that on a different subway trip.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:53 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
As if every situation is the same? You're kidding me right? Are you really that dim? Maybe you are since you think walking away from a guy who clearly didn't want to knife you is something that YOU can take credit for. and amounts to the same as having a knife wielding disturbed person come at you. LMFAO

Your situation has nothing to with the situation at hand which is about law enforcement responding to dangerous situations involving armed mentally unstable people. Your situation is also not about you placing your own personal life on the line to protect others, which police across the country do every day. You have no idea how quickly a person armed with a knife can take someone out before an officer can defend himself....or others. And you have no clue how difficult it can be to shoot to stop someone coming after you with a knife by trying to shoot them in the leg or some other less lethal area, with adrenaline pumping through your system. Law enforcement is trained to shoot center mass, for reasons supported by science....and backed by court decisions.

But, by all means, keep blowing your pie hole about your dramatic subway rides and how you can do the job better.
Looks like the judge took my side. Too bad, so sad.

How could I have no idea. He’s a human being with two legs, I have a good gauge on how fast people move.

Old 04-01-2024, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Looks like the judge took my side. Too bad, so sad.

How could I have no idea. He’s a human being with two legs, I have a good gauge on how fast people move.
Oh? Which judge was that?

"I have a good gauge on how fast people move." - Priceless. Arrogant and ignorant, but priceless. Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 04-01-2024 at 05:29 PM..

Old 04-01-2024, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Oh? Which judge was that?

"I have a good gauge on how fast people move." - Priceless. Arrogant and ignorant, but priceless. Thanks for the laugh.
The judge who handed down the ruling lil bro.

Lemme guess you have a better gauge on how fast people move? You;ve got the secret formula on how arms and legs work- let you tell it.

It's arrogant to understand basic physiology and kinesiology now. You're funny though. Ive never seen someone ride harder for dumb shtt beside MsrB. You really do embrace taking online Ls from me. Masochist kink?

Old 04-01-2024, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
That depends on a lot of things. For one, was he actively threatening others or was he barricaded inside a room by himself (a danger to nobody else)? Do we have all these facts yet?
Bet your bottom dollar the Judge had all the facts, hombre.

Old 04-01-2024, 05:47 PM

Quote:
The judge who handed down the ruling lil bro.

Lemme guess you have a better gauge on how fast people move? You;ve got the secret formula on how arms and legs work- let you tell it.

It's arrogant to understand basic physiology and kinesiology now. You're funny though. Ive never seen someone ride harder for dumb shtt beside MsrB. You really do embrace taking online Ls from me. Masochist kink?
What did the Judge rule, John Wayne?

No it's not arrogant to understand physiology and kinesiology (which I don't think you really do), it's arrogant to believe you can apply your "secret formula" to all scenarios under all conditions--apparently even to situations you are not involved in. lol

BTW: There's well established research in force science which pretty much makes a mockery of your claims to be able to gauge under any circumstances how fast someone can get close enough to kill you.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 04-01-2024 at 06:03 PM..

Old 04-01-2024, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Bet your bottom dollar the Judge had all the facts, hombre.
Yeah because there's never any gray in these rulings or any political motivation or legal cost calculation strategy independent of actual responsibility...

Regardless of the city's defense or lack of, no wrongdoing was found on behalf of the responding officers. You do understand difference between civil and criminal? Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston