Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,844 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for any and all info on Medford please

Anything about neighborhoods, schools, the residents, pricing, everything!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM

406 posts, read 1,498,019 times
Medford is a pretty solid middle-class suburb. The residents run the gamut from blue-collar townies to educated yuppies. The schools are sort of the same: solidly middle-of-the-road.

Different parts of Medford have very distinct flavors. My favorite areas are the Governor's Avenue/Lawrence Estates area (near Medford Square), parts of West Medford, and parts of the Tufts area. These areas tend to have more tree-lined streets, friendly residents, homeowners with a stake in keeping their property values, etc.

The parts of Medford that border Malden tend to be a bit seedier, with more multi-family homes, trash in the street, etc. Still safe enough, but not as nice.

I live in Medford. We sold our house (also in Medford) last year and are currently in a temporary apartment while we look for a new, larger home (in Medford and some other nearby communities). I like it here; it retains enough townie character to keep it down-to-earth, but still has plenty of yuppie flavor as well. If it's not rush hour, it takes about 10 minutes to get anywhere nearby you'd like to go (Cambridge, downtown, Arlington, Burlington, etc...). There's plenty of green space, and easy access to both big-box stores (in Medford, Everett, Somerville) and more independent boutiques (in nearby Davis Square, Arlington Center, Porter Square).

That said, if the only place in Medford I had lived was where I currently am in my temporary apartment (near the Malden line), I would never want to live here. I had no idea how different the different neighborhoods are. Like I said, it's safe, but other then that, yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston