Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,041 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Firestone from Castle Rock. We have noticed you seem to get more for your money there. Would like the locals input on the area and schools. We prefer a smaller town with lower taxes. Also, my husband will be driving into Lakewood. Please give me your honest opinion on the drive for those that commute that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,125,992 times
kelseynj don't take it personally. If you look at that person's profile he/she lives in Rhode Island for crying out loud!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl96 View Post
We are looking to move to Firestone from Castle Rock. We have noticed you seem to get more for your money there. Would like the locals input on the area and schools. We prefer a smaller town with lower taxes. Also, my husband will be driving into Lakewood. Please give me your honest opinion on the drive for those that commute that way.
You can check google maps or mapquest for the distance from Firestone to Lakewood. Lakewood is also quite large, geographically, so the exact address would be helpful. I would say it would be a heck of a drive, every day. Yes, housing is cheaper there, but you'll be paying with your time. Basically, you'd be going from the way northeast metro area to the west central or southwest, depending on where in Lakewood you're talking about.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,041 times
Thank you Katiana for the reply . My husband works off 6th ave. Not to far in from I-25. He has a very long drive from Castle Rock. We are used to always having a drive. I prefer to live out side the city. Would like to keep it an hour and below. As long as the drive is no worse than the drive from the south we are doing good. Either we pay higher in house price and taxes to be closer or we go cheaper and much longer commute. I just did not like the areas that were closer to Lakewood.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
I"m confused. 6th Ave. and I-25 is well within the Denver city limits. According to google maps, it can take 42 minutes and up to an hour in traffic from Firestone to 6th & I-25. I would say the chances of being "in traffic" are fairly high if he works normal hours. You might look at Erie. It's near I-25 and south of Firestone, yet still "out of town".

Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,503 times
Default Moving to Firestone

We are relocating from Denver to Firestone. I'm considering enrolling my son at the Children's House of Weld County Montessori Pre-School. Does any one have any good or bad experiences to share? Is it close to Firestone?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 688 times
My husband and i (and now four kids) have lived in Firestone for 15 years. We've seen it grow and grow and the growth has been done well and wisely. Perhaps not the most diverse, but several families have African American children and I think they feel very loved and welcomed here at school, parks, etc. We LOVE it here. There are tons of fun activities, shopping for basics and several town/cities within a few miles for bigger shopping and eating out needs. We have wonderful parks, a HUGE library, loads of walking trails and great schools.
I can't say enough good things about Firestone and the surrounding areas. Hope you end up here and love it as much as we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area