Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 AM

76 posts, read 177,518 times

Advertisements

I think I would really like Bolder or Denver Co. If there is any people that have moved from North East(Boston, NYC, Philly) that like Boulder Co I would like to hear your experiences. Could you describe if there has been any issues meeting new friends? Also interested in cultural things to do in Boulder. Shows, art, music. Also tell me about the Marijuana scene. I really enjoy marijuana and looking for some peoples experiences in that area.

Some things I don't like about the area is crime and how dry Colorado seems to get.

Thanks in advance to any positive comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
Colorado doesn't get dry. Colorado is naturally dry!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,807 times
As for "shows, art, music" Boulder and the Front-Range can seem lacking in some ways, but overall the scene for such events is more than decent, and certainly better than in many, many other parts of the US.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM

thanks.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:04 AM

8 posts, read 11,295 times
Default Shows, Arts, Theatre, Culture in Boulder

There's a variety of arts and cultural events in Boulder. Boulder is rich with events but is still a much smaller town than Boston/NYC/Philly. Here are a few suggestions...

The Dairy Center has dance, theater, and an occasional documentary come through. [ mod cut ]

The CU campus also has arts and cultural events. The Colorado Shakespeare Festival [ mod cut ] just wrapped up, but this along with theater and dance performances throughout the year.

There are places to listen to live music, but there aren't a lot of large concert venues in Boulder. Many people go down to Red Rocks Amphitheatre, about 30 minutes away Red Rocks Entertainment Concerts which is a really cool outdoor venue.

Anyways, hope that helps!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Realtor Advertising is not allowed in the forums.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 AM

345 posts, read 913,850 times
I am from the NY area and I like Boulder.... to visit. The cost is not what I want to spend, I am not on the same wave length with some of the things they think are important.

If you like trees, water and rain you will not find much of it here; nowhere here looks like the East Coast.

You should visit and get a feel for it. It is a big change from the East Coast and it may be just what you are looking for or you may find it kind of alien and not to your liking.

If you decide you want to live here a job first would be your main priority, then once you get one worry about the area you would be living in.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 AM

121 posts, read 199,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
I think I would really like Bolder or Denver Co. If there is any people that have moved from North East(Boston, NYC, Philly) that like Boulder Co I would like to hear your experiences. Could you describe if there has been any issues meeting new friends? Also interested in cultural things to do in Boulder. Shows, art, music. Also tell me about the Marijuana scene. I really enjoy marijuana and looking for some peoples experiences in that area.

Some things I don't like about the area is crime and how dry Colorado seems to get.

Thanks in advance to any positive comments.
I'm sure you won't have any problem finding what you really enjoy there.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 AM

38 posts, read 86,240 times
I love trees sooo much, love greenery! We are in TN, but thinking about Boulder for a move.
Does Boulder not have much green? How are the fall trees? We get so many colors here and that is nice

Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiebeth1229 View Post
I love trees sooo much, love greenery! We are in TN, but thinking about Boulder for a move.
Does Boulder not have much green? How are the fall trees? We get so many colors here and that is nice
Not a whole of green in these western areas, not like back east. Some green but most of the year it's brownish.

Fall colors tend to be green (various evergreens) and yellow (Aspen Trees) and not a lot else. Almost none of the oaks, maples or other eastern varieties.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area