Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

I think you should take a look. The whole town of Louisville does not look like that, in fact that is a very small part of the town. The city leaders work very hard at preserving the history of the town, but it is mostly suburbia with a small old town. There are no working coal mines. The last mine closed in the 1950s, more than 50 yrs ago. When we moved there in 1982, there were 5000 people. Now there are 20,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 05:08 PM

14 posts, read 106,117 times
good to know... my current city is 230k people... I am looking forward to a change! In California I am a real estate broker...my company consists of my husband and I...so we leave behind clients as well....I am definitely interested in the bvsd...so when we go scout out the area we will check out Louisville, Broomfield, Boulder (sigh),really really looking forward to it! Thanks for the info!

Old 10-10-2007, 05:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,138,369 times
FYI, also in Boulder Valley School District are Lafayette, Superior, and part of Erie.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
FYI, also in Boulder Valley School District are Lafayette, Superior, and part of Erie.
Also part of Broomfield.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 AM

6 posts, read 13,551 times
Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville, Longmont, Superior and other Boulder and Broomfield County cities are VERY suburban. What raises Boulder above that in certain parts of town is the university. Boulder is also affected by the large number of independently wealthy people who can support a vibrant community of shops, restaurants and sports/fitness/spa locations. You can, however, live in various neighborhoods of any of these towns and rarely leave it. Be prepared to sometimes feel as if you've gone back in time to the 1950s. California is a looooong way from Colorado. There are many writers' groups in Boulder and Denver. You may also want to consider Fort Collins.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:54 AM

we were in love with fort collins and that was our destination at first but reading the COloradon and such, the economy there seems really bad and its a little secluded. I am a writer , jill of many trades and my husband loves antiquing (he is English)..it all sounds wonderful to me! My kids have been raised really suburban..have always walked to school 5 minutes away type of thing but they cant ride their bikes here..unless we go to the park and I supervise...they need freedom and so do I! Thank youfor that info..we are going to rent for a bit and Ill check out this whole area... Broomfield seems to have alot of promise for the future ....its really impossible to know just by internet though, isnt it????? ANyway I really appreciate all your input!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,210 times
Hi...We love Fort Collins, having lived here since 1988. I don't think that FC is any worse off than the rest of the state - and it seems that the real estate market has held it's own compared with Denver and Colorado Springs. I am on the financial side of the real estate industry and things have definitely slowed down, but there is still activity in the market! Great place for kids and families!! Check us out again.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomin View Post
Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville, Longmont, Superior and other Boulder and Broomfield County cities are VERY suburban. What raises Boulder above that in certain parts of town is the university. Boulder is also affected by the large number of independently wealthy people who can support a vibrant community of shops, restaurants and sports/fitness/spa locations. You can, however, live in various neighborhoods of any of these towns and rarely leave it. Be prepared to sometimes feel as if you've gone back in time to the 1950s. California is a looooong way from Colorado. There are many writers' groups in Boulder and Denver. You may also want to consider Fort Collins.
I would disagree that any of the above mentioned places other than Superior are VERY suburban. Most Boulderites would be appalled to hear their beloved city referred to in that way. And it really is a city, with shopping, a hospital, services, cultural events, etc. Louisville is an old mining town turned suburb. There is an "Old Town" with shops and older homes. Ditto Lafayette, though the two have a very different ambience. Longmont was an old farming community. It has some suburban developments, but it has a huge old town area. I rarely leave Louisville because I work there. But Sunday I'm going to Broomfield to the pumpkin farm!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM

sounds wonderful! I dont mind suburban...as long as urban isnt too far! Like I said my 3 girls need a place to roam and meet friends as do I!!! I hope my house sells soon!!!
Anyone moign to Central Cali?LOL You never know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area