Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,219,146 times

Advertisements

I don't think I've ever seen a post about this. Since we're mostly a bunch of regulars here, I thought it could be interesting to share your ideal day in or nearby Boulder.

Could be a particular hike, walk through a neighborhood, bike ride, a ski day at Eldora, a scenic drive, a specific b'fast/lunch/dinner spot or favorite meal, or coffee hangout.

Could be a shopping trip at a favorite store, a visit to the bookstore, library, the farmer's market.

Could be any season, whatever your quintessential day's weather calls for.

Tell us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Mine would be a May day, one of the first warm days of spring. First, jog or walk the Creek Path; watch the dogs play in the water. Next go to the Farmer's Market brunch/lunch -- tamales. Then window shop along the bricks on Pearl St., admire the tulips. Get a iced Belgian chocolate mocha at Spruce Confections. Wander the Mapleton neighborhood a bit admiring the architecture. Jax for dinner.

If the day were longer I would add an open space hike or Chautauqua.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,571 times
For me, it would be sipping a Starbucks on the way home from Home Depot with a new project in the works.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Anything that involves Half Fast Subs. By far the thing I miss the most about Boulder

Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Anything that involves Half Fast Subs. By far the thing I miss the most about Boulder
Half Fast Subs is good. Once I ordered a strawberry shake. They were out of strawberry ice cream so I picked another flavor and they gave me the shake for free, apologizing for 'being out of what you really wanted'. I've never had that happen, before or since.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Half Fast Subs is good. Once I ordered a strawberry shake. They were out of strawberry ice cream so I picked another flavor and they gave me the shake for free, apologizing for 'being out of what you really wanted'. I've never had that happen, before or since.
Just one of the many reasons I love that place. Mega roast beef or ba donk a donk with a strong island iced tea and I'm a happy boy

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM

724 posts, read 1,934,799 times
I spent one of our last Saturdays with my daughter exploring Pearl Street, taking pictures of people and dogs, chatting with any and everyone, eating at one of the local shops. We explored Mapleton Hill on foot, then rented bikes and rode west out of town and up to the walking bridge over the stream just outside of town - don't remember the name of it. She and I had a lot of fun.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM

20 posts, read 25,672 times
Just a day when it isn't sunny but cold as hell out is my ideal Boulder day. You know, a day when I can enjoy the outdoors without wanting to go back inside as soon as I am outside. Also a day when I get to ride my bike around.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM

724 posts, read 1,934,799 times
I remember a day exploring Louisville with a thunderstorm rolling in. It's not so much the location as it is the experience of feeling the wind shift, the smell of rain in the air, the building clouds and the thrill of the echoing thunder as we strolled through the neighborhoods. I love weather, and of course, seasons. When you don't have them for 20+ years, you really learn to appreciate everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area