Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM

284 posts, read 534,272 times

Advertisements

My friends and I are coming from our respective states (TX, CA, CT) for a bachelorette party in Boulder. What are some must see/do/eat places in the area? We love nature and are of course excited to explore the natural beauty of CO - any specific suggestions for good hikes/walks around Boulder?
Are there any well-known food establishments that should visit? Particular neighborhoods?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Great hiking around Boulder. Some trails were/are still closed due to the floods but from what I understand they are opening back up quickly. Boulder Colorado Hiking Trails - Easy and Strenuous Boulder Hikes
Check this site for info from the City regarding trail status: https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp
Do you already have your hotel arranged?
Here's a good site for Boulder info: Boulder Colorado | Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do, Travel Information
There are lots of good restaurants in Boulder. What type of food? As far as "well-known" restaurants... what's your budget? The Flagstaff House and Frasca (rated #1 in 5280 magazine) are on the expensive side.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM

284 posts, read 534,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
Do you already have your hotel arranged?
Here's a good site for Boulder info: Boulder Colorado | Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do, Travel Information
There are lots of good restaurants in Boulder. What type of food? As far as "well-known" restaurants... what's your budget? The Flagstaff House and Frasca (rated #1 in 5280 magazine) are on the expensive side.
Yes, we do have hotel arranged. As for food, we're not looking for anything particularly fancy/expensive, but maybe a unique Boulderesque place that's delicious. Are there any particular neighborhoods that are good for exploring & eating? Does Boulder have any particularly well known cafes, dessert places, anything like that? Thanks again.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 AM

18 posts, read 32,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinyc View Post
Yes, we do have hotel arranged. As for food, we're not looking for anything particularly fancy/expensive, but maybe a unique Boulderesque place that's delicious. Are there any particular neighborhoods that are good for exploring & eating? Does Boulder have any particularly well known cafes, dessert places, anything like that? Thanks again.
Yes walk down Pearl Street Mall from 15th to 9th... look at all the posted menu's on restaurant doors or posted... It is like a treasure hunt to decided which place to eat. We love The Med down on around 10th and Pearl, also Boulderado Hotel a block north of Pearl on 13th has some great food and drinks in their bars and restaurants (don't miss at least going there and checking out this wonderfully historic Hotel)...
The Boulder Cafe is good. Have fun!

Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
Pearl Street on weekend nights is always fun. There are tons of places to hike nearby and the bike path that runs through town is nice for a stroll.

For restaurants I would recommend:

Breakfast - Lucille's - 2124 14 St.
Coffee - Vic's - 2680 Broadway
Bagel's - Moe's - 3267 28th St.
Italian - Pasta Jay's - 1001 Pearl Street
Mexican - Efrain's - 1630 63rd St. (assuming you have a car)

If you have a car you might also drive up Flagstaff Mountain or go to Gold Hill.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
Or of course a bicycle. Car?

If you want an old fashioned greasy spoon place, the Village Coffee Shop is pretty cool.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 AM

18 posts, read 32,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Or of course a bicycle. Car?

If you want an old fashioned greasy spoon place, the Village Coffee Shop is pretty cool.
As seen on Diners and Drive Ins at about the 1700 Block of pearl is Foolish Craigs and that is really a good place to eat, one of my favs.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 PM

278 posts, read 308,735 times
Smile So delish

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinyc View Post
The Med (Pearl st mall) was my fave hotspot for girls nights with my friends for wine and dinner, or even just wine with tapas...its always hoppin so youll need reservations. Theres a really cute boutique on Pearl across from the mtn sun that has nice sweaters, camis, etc. oh, and black bean soup at the mtn sun! Yum. Dont forget to kiss the buffalo for luck at Pearl Street Pub! There is always an underground discotecque being shut down and reopened down the street from the Foundry (which loves drunk girls and has a rooftop bar/ patio - woo!) ... When i lived there it was our last stop of the night ( Soma/Stir). Bacaro is fun and kind of wild on Thursday nights, Redfish has reggae every Wed night and Trio has jazz. There is a beautiful asian Teahouse downtown for brunchtime tea, and i love it! Its a really, really special place:

http://www.boulderteahouse.com/

Others: 14th st grill has nice brunch fare. Check out Chataqua for light hiking, its easy to get to/find from downtown, and you can get back to town quickly.

Oh and whoever said Boulderado - yes....! I would eat there again in a heartbeat! The veggie sides are to die for ...

Last edited by HeyHowdy; 12-10-2013 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 12-11-2013, 10:57 AM

936 posts, read 2,069,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
Pearl Street on weekend nights is always fun. There are tons of places to hike nearby and the bike path that runs through town is nice for a stroll.

For restaurants I would recommend:

Breakfast - Lucille's - 2124 14 St.
Coffee - Vic's - 2680 Broadway
Bagel's - Moe's - 3267 28th St.
Italian - Pasta Jay's - 1001 Pearl Street

If you have a car you might also drive up Flagstaff Mountain or go to Gold Hill.
Efrain's is disgusting and it isn't even really mexican food. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Here are my recommendations:

Breakfast- Snooze, Tangerine, or Lucille's
Coffee- Boxcar or Ozo-Both on Pearl
Dinner- The Med, The Kitchen, Bramble & Hare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: