Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 PM

22 posts, read 91,218 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to Longmont from Arizona, it is seems a little bit odd to me, here Longmont, Boulder and Broomfield are very close, but it seems they all have their own daily newspaper; Longmont is "Time Call" and Boulder is "Daily Camera", I do not know Broomfield's.

I am concerning what is the best newspaper for me to know the shopping ads, Chrismas is comming, the place I used to live usually has a pretty big sale on the day after Chrismas, almost all the shops in the malls run very good sales.

I know there is a big mall called Flatiron Mall in Broomfiled, I am wondering if I can see the sale Ads in "Time Call" or "Daily Camera"?

Another words, what would be the newspaper I should buy for the Black Friday sale if it is Thanksgiving?

Hope I do not have to buy all local papers for the sales in these cities.

Thanks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 09:13 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,408,487 times
You do not have to buy all those different papers. The two main regional daily papers are:
THE Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ and
The Rocky Mountain News http://www.rockymountainnews.com/

The Denver Post is published Mon-Fri and Sun.
Rocky Mountain News is published Mon-Fri and Sat.

The Denver Post is more popular for ads because of the Sunday edition. They both carry all the ads for all the major stores and malls including Flatiron in Broomfield. They both have food ads on Wednesday.

The Boulder Daily Camera and The Longmont Time Call will carry most of all the major store ads but will have the addition of Boulder and Longmont only stores.

Livecontent

Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,639 times
Hi there,
I thought I would come out of the long-time lurking shadows to help you out.

Over the years I've worked at a couple of the Front Range newspapers, including one of the biggie Denver papers. The Post will have ads for the major big box stores, but as a rule won't have ads for stores that may only be in the Longmont/Broomfield area. Your best bet would be to check out the Daily Camera and the Daily Times-Call. I know that a lot of the local businesses will only advertise in the smaller newspapers such as the Times-Call or the Camera because they can't afford the larger papers' advertising fees. The nice thing about this area is the fact that there are several smaller community-based newspapers, which cover local issues much better than the Denver papers.

For "Black Friday" type sales and Flatirons Crossing, both local papers will have ads.

I recently moved back to the East Coast for personal reasons, but lived in Longmont for several years. It's a great town that's very underrated IMHO.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,476,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMisfitToy View Post
Hi there,
I recently moved back to the East Coast for personal reasons, but lived in Longmont for several years. It's a great town that's very underrated IMHO.

I second the motion

Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,623 times
The Denver Post and The Rocky Mountain news contain real great ads when it comes to shopping especially these days, Christmas is drawing near. Their shopping ads are as cool as those Christmas stuffs that I also learned in Sirius radio. So Sandia, hope you have found the place to go to for your Christmas shopping.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
I subscribe to the Longmont Daily Times Call. I have never seen ads for any stores that are only at Flatirons Crossing. It's all for stores here in Longmont. So it's the Target, JcPenny, Kohls, Kmart, Wal-mart, Bestbuy, Dillards, etc. I do see ads for Ultimate Electronics, which we don't have here. If there is a specific store you are interested in and wonder if the Times Call usually has ads for it, tell me what it is and I'll let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area