Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,514 times

Advertisements

My daughter married and moved to Longmont 15 years ago. We have always been close and planned to be near each other. Her we are so far apart. We miss each other terribly and before I get any older (I am 69) I want to spend quality time with her and my granddaughter.I live in CA and miss out on my daughter's life. I am a consultant for mental health and chemical dependency treatment organizations. I can schedule work for the months I am there, but I want a room of my own.
It's a long way from CA to Longmont and I'm no longer happy to see my daughter for a few days at holiday season. Life it too short to miss out on the ones I love. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 06:12 PM

7,551 posts, read 13,765,893 times
How often would you do this ? once a year, twice a year ?
How long would you stay ? a week, 1 month, 6 months ?
Would you vacate the room each trip, or want to leave things for next time ?
What is your budget for rent ?
Would you need a car ? Would you fly to CO, or drive ?

Old 10-24-2015, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,514 times
Default Need a room in longmont

I need a room 3 weeks in the spring and 3 weeks in the fall. I will vacate the room each visit. I I'll fly to Denver and be using a family car while there. Budget--$50.00 a week. I will be responsible for all my own food and transportation.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,967,228 times
You could keep an eye out for something on airbnb, but I think you will pay a couple of hundred dollars per week.

Maybe you could "rent" a room in your daughter's home?

Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM

670 posts, read 1,178,534 times
I saw this post before and assumed that you were looking for a place to stay for a few months at a time.

I agree that Airbnb is going to cost a lot more than $50 a week... I doubt you can find anything for $50 per night. I can't think of many options other than placing an ad in the local paper or Craigslist.
Would I want my mom to do that? No way!

I don't mean to be rude...
But why wouldn't you stay with your daughter if it's only for a few weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area