Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:06 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times

Advertisements

I'll trade!! will you take care of my husband? hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdh344 View Post
wanttomoveeast...nice post. thanks..if you wanna trade homes for a while to "test the waters" just let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM

25 posts, read 75,534 times
not the sole reason, there are others too. just tired of people not caring about their health. there seems to be a pervasive attitude here that is passed down generation to generation. when i started ems ( critical care flight paramedic) back in the 90's our stretcher limit was 325 lbs. now the limit is 850 lbs. we have had plenty of people on the stretchers that are so big the straps/seat belts will not even fit around them nor will the safety handles go up to lock into position.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:18 PM

geez!!!!!!!!! that's nuts. I'm sure it's predominant there like you said, but also everywhere else too. Colo. is not that bad, although it's not without morbidly obese people. My great aunt was a flight for life nurse, and she actually went down twice in a helicopter. I should ask her if I get the chance about the weight restrictions as I'm sure they have them.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Colorado is the thinnest state, and Boulder CO is one of the thinnest counties in the US (this was on the news, recently). Still, as someone who is no longer as thin as I used to be, I feel that's awfully judgemental, kdh344.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:36 PM

in all fairness Katiana, isn't kdh344 living in the South? Have you been to the South? I can relate. It is pretty out of control. Given that I'm a Colo. native, I had quite the eye-opener in Tennesee and Georgia. I'm not as thin as I used to be either, but we aren't talking about people like us, we are talking about the morbidly obese, a number that is shockingly high in the u.s.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
in all fairness Katiana, isn't kdh344 living in the South? Have you been to the South? I can relate. It is pretty out of control. Given that I'm a Colo. native, I had quite the eye-opener in Tennesee and Georgia. I'm not as thin as I used to be either, but we aren't talking about people like us, we are talking about the morbidly obese, a number that is shockingly high in the u.s.
It's been a while since I've been to the south, but I've seen similar in Indiana. I know what you're talking about. But it's still judgemental. I mean, we were taught in nursing school to take care of the patient no matter what your personal feelings, e.g. in the case of someone with lung cancer, STDs, etc. We should try to help these folks.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 PM

True. I wasn't thinking through the eyes of a medical professional. Good point, thanks Katiana.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,653 times
Just recently went back down south. I used to live in New Orleans. We had a family reunion in Destin,FL. We went to the outlet mall and holly cow! The "bulbousness" of many people was obvious. I even commented about this to my wife. Sure there are overweight people everywhere. But lifestyle issues do come into play. I couldn't believe the difference coming from CO back to the south. In New Orleans, people would fry anything. You can even get a french fry po-boy (sub)! We used to say "If it dies, it fries".

Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 AM

yummy, fried. I too saw def. differences in the people I came across in Atlanta and Knoxville vs. Denver. But then, in that heat, no way am I going to go running. I like gyms in the summer as they have A/C, but I didn't see one gym during my time in the south! Surely they are somewhere??

Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,617,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
Really???????????

You should live where I was on the ocean (atlantic)

12300 Highway A1A, Vero Beach, Florida...... You can HAVE IT!!

I will be scarred for life because of this " Beach Haven!!)

There are no animals ( besides alligators) that bit me!!!

Fire ants...no-seeums...sand fleas..whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!!!!!!!!! YEWWWWWWWW!!!!

GIVE ME COLORADO AND THE MOUNTAINS!!!!FOOTHILLS.
When you come down, please gimme a hug

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area