Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 PM

1,671 posts, read 4,404,302 times

Advertisements

The rail infrastructure already exists at the Sugarmill....along with plenty of space for parking and buildings, should they choose not to renovate the old building itself.

RTD will shoot themselves in the foot to propose any other location, and sadly this thing probably won't fly in this economy, anyway.

Most folks are dependent on cars by choice and not necessity. That mindset's gotta change in America if mass transit is ever going to work profitably. This is why $5 gas is a good thing.

I have heard, as a point of reference, that lots of residential areas in Denver that are close to Light Rail are fetching good prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM

377 posts, read 1,057,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
The rail infrastructure already exists at the Sugarmill....along with plenty of space for parking and buildings, should they choose not to renovate the old building itself.
Everything I've ever read has said that it is slated for the old Flour Mill downtown. They are not considering the Sugar Mill because of 287.

Either way, it is looking less like it is going to happen. And I can't imagine commuting by train from Longmont through Boulder to Denver, because it would take an hour and a half. Too bad.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageRider View Post
Everything I've ever read has said that it is slated for the old Flour Mill downtown. They are not considering the Sugar Mill because of 287.

Either way, it is looking less like it is going to happen. And I can't imagine commuting by train from Longmont through Boulder to Denver, because it would take an hour and a half. Too bad.
I think the Sugar Mill was discussed among the options at one point. The old Village Gardener/'Silo' bar and grill location seems like a good spot too, along with the flour mill.

The RTD map has it at Twin Peaks Mall. There's no tracks going to the mall, so that just seems wasteful if they gotta lay track.

To the OP, how'd the offer go on the house, or is it yet to happen?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 AM

16 posts, read 61,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post

To the OP, how'd the offer go on the house, or is it yet to happen?
this house was empty for 2 years , amazingly in the same day i made the offer they claim someone else did as well.
they rejected my offer , that i admit was low. but it was my first offer with intention to raise it. i just cannot believe this

Old 12-05-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_isr View Post
this house was empty for 2 years , amazingly in the same day i made the offer they claim someone else did as well.
they rejected my offer , that i admit was low. but it was my first offer with intention to raise it. i just cannot believe this
I smell B.S....they are probably playing you to try to get you to up your offer. Just hang out for a while & see what happens...let them come back to you.

Meanwhile, you should check out other parts of Longmont...there is a lot of inventory out there and I'd guess many sellers are motivated the longer their places sit.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM

55 posts, read 175,748 times
Hard to tell whether it's BS or not, but we see the "other offer" scenario way too frequently. It's very common, so much so, that I recently wrote up a blog post on it. Google "boulder fake offer."

Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 PM

the thing is , they didn't even call back my Realtor and try to counter my offer it was done by email.
so she thinks they must took the other one , and most likely there was a big difference between them.
i'm trying to find out if this is for real.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:43 PM

i raised my offer in 20k ! heard back from them today. they said "your dates are fine but your offer is VERY low compare to the other one we have, we staying with the other one.

my offer was 10k less then the asking price.
beyond me how this is possible.
they prefer to take an with contingency over mine , weird .

well this house is history for me , end of story

Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 PM

2,756 posts, read 13,015,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_isr View Post
i raised my offer in 20k ! heard back from them today. they said "your dates are fine but your offer is VERY low compare to the other one we have, we staying with the other one.

my offer was 10k less then the asking price.
beyond me how this is possible.
they prefer to take an with contingency over mine , weird .

well this house is history for me , end of story
Don't be too concerned. There is no shortage of properties to buy in this market.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 PM

i know , but how many have a detached studio , and are in new condition ?
i saw 20 houses so far , and this one the first that i really liked. oh well ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area