Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,626 times

Advertisements

hi! i am moving to boulder in august to start law school and would really appreciate some help deciding where to look for a 1-bedroom apartment. i'd like something not too far away from campus and downtown but am not interested in living where all of the undergrads/loud parties are. overall i'd like a neighborhood that's quiet but with a relatively central location. cost is of course a factor as well... i'd appreciate any recommendations you might have. thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,495,414 times
Firstly what is your price range? As I'm sure you know, apartments in Boulder are not exactly cheap. And how far are you willling to travel to campus? Do you want to be on a bus route or will you be driving / bicycling?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
My daughter lived in a complex called Canyon Creek. It was kind of dumpy, but near campus and not all undergrad (though she was an undergrad when she lived there). Have you heard of Bear Creek Apts that you rent through CU? They're not cheap, but not extremely expensive, either, and rent for 9 or 12 months. DD lived there also.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM

269 posts, read 1,269,509 times
The closest apartment complex to the law building is probably Creekside (on 27th & Broadway). When I was in school about 5 years ago this place was a dump, smelled bad and had a reputation for rats. I knew a few students who still lived there just for the convenience of being able to walk to school (the engineering building though).

You will find a few nicer apartments along Baseline & Colorado, between 28th and 30th streets. Spanish towers and Kensington (both around 29th & Bixby) are definitely the better choices, but Canyon creek, Wimbledon, TimberRidge can also be good. You're better off seeking help from HousingHelpers, who will definitely have more information for you.

The other thing to think about is that the law building is just off Broadway, so you will have great access to the RTD buses. You could choose to live a little farther away from campus but stay near the bus route.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM

27 posts, read 959,852 times
I would focus your search to East of campus if you're looking for a quieter place... There are some inexpensive apartments a bit further out (near foothills parkway, about a five minute drive from campus) that seem to have more families or grad students. North Boulder is similar, more families as well. If you want to live walking distance to campus and money is no object, the general rule is that the more expensive a building is, the less likely it will have a large undergrad population.

CU also has an Off-Campus Housing Authority, if a roommate is a possibility they might be able to give you names of other law students looking for roommates or at least give you access to their rental listings.

GL and congrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: