Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times

Advertisements

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=43236

Quote:
De La Hoya: Let me tell you that it started when there was a scandal about a woman and I several years ago.

Rodriguez: Was it that famous photo in which you are wearing women’s lingerie?

ODLH: Exactly.

TR: What happened with that? But also, was it you or was it fake?

ODLH: Let me tell you, yes, it was me. I’m tired of lying, lying to people, lying to myself.

TR: In that photo, Oscar, were you under the influence of alcohol and cocaine?

ODLH: Alcohol and cocaine. Yes, both. Yes, and it was the first time I used it, and the drugs were not like alcohol. For me, I know I need alcohol more than drugs, and so, but got into very bad things.

TR: Were you out of control?

ODLH: I was reaching that point where I could no longer control it.
----

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Glad to see Oscar come clean about his battle with substance abuse, and the road it took him on. He is a talented boxer and businessman who hit a big bump in the road. The effort to regaining control and staying sober will, in time, trump these pictures. It takes a monumental effort to fix one's life after it derails like this. Look at Britney Spears, and how well she bounced back after the numerous public meltdowns.

Keep strong Oscar!!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I always knew that it was really him dressed like that. Here's the thing, Oscar has ALWAYS had some of the hottest women. Even back when he was in high school, dude was able to pull the greatest women. I know, because I dated a chick who used to date him. If you see some of these chicks, you too would probably dress up in stockings if under the influence of cocaine (which I have never tried) and alcohol if it mean they would be banging you all night. Dude was stupid and got caught.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I personally believe it was a fetish of his and he's using substance abuse as a scapegoat. In all my party years of heavy drinking and some other indulgences, I've never dressed up in fishnets and women's lingerie, at least not outside of a Halloween costume. Good of him to come clean, but it should serve as a lesson to anyone in the spotlight to be careful how you allow yourself to be photographed or videotaped.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
It doesn't surprise me. I never cared for Oscar, and always thought he was more marketing than substance. These confessions feel like a marketing ploy to generate interest in him for maybe a book deal or movie deal about his life. Feels like Sugar Ray Leonard type stuff.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Oscar has always been a marketing figure, even since his days in the Olympics/Amataurs. For being a pretty boy in his career he sure knew how to engage in technical brawling (Mosley/DLH 1).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing