Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,994 times

Advertisements

GGG is a silver medalist, with wins over Dirrell, and Lee in the amateurs, as well as KO victory over Bute.

He's gained quite a bit of hype, especially considering his devestating knockout potential out of both hands.

Proska is a game undefeated fighter, with slick moves, good defense, and a fundemental understanding of the southpaw game.

He often landed quick straight left hands both upstairs and downstairs, while simeltaneously pivoting out of the way of counterattacks.

He offered an elusive target, but GGG managed to time him early on, especially with the jab, and eventually started landing meaningful punches.

GGG fights very patiently, showed incredible timing, and has excellent balance, as well as power in both hands.

Furthermore, he has a fundamental base that makes him an elusive targer; however, I can see where speed and combination punching could give him problems.

His potential is sky high though. As Roy Jones said at the beggining of the telecast, "He's the truth."

I think he would give Martinez a very difficult fight, considering his reach, patience, balance, and timing. Proska was in my opinion, the best clone of Martinez in the middlweight division from a defensive perspective, but he doesn't have the power that Martinez possesses which makes this fight much more interesting.

Additionally, GGG looks like he would give problems to guys at the 168 division, especially considering his power.

I can see him in very competitive fights with Bute and Froch. I think Ward offers him the most difficult challenge considering his combinations of versatility and athleticism, as well as his determination.

I think if Ward remains elusive on the outside, but attacks in combinations and spurts, as well as utilizing clinching, that would be very difficult for GGG to cope with.

Unlike the previous middleweight puncher, Pavlik, GGG balance and skill level looks much better, so regardless of what plan a fighter utilizes against him, it will not be an easy fight, and will have far more risk than against Pavlik.

GGG said he would be willing to fight anyone from 154 to 168.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing