Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 AM

592 posts, read 802,833 times

Advertisements

According to boxingscene.com, Manny Pacquiao's camp will require random testing for all future opponents. I'm posting from my phone, so I can't link to the website, but the article is one of the headlines. After watching Marquez-Alvarado last week, they determined that they will require Marquez to submit to random Olympic style tests by VADA if the 5th fight is to happen. They then went further and said all of Pacquiao's future opponents will have to agree to random testing. And by random, they're not talking about any 7,14,21 day cutoffs.......Random period.

Is this Hypocrisy? My answer is YES.....let the debate begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:44 PM

Koncz: Pacquiao-Marquez 5 Would Involve VADA Testing - Boxing News

Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 AM

27 posts, read 39,327 times
Many will go on and call it hypocritical, perhaps it is but Marquez is 40, seemingly faster than he ever was, has a ridiculous physique, and 1 punch KO power all of a sudden. Pacquiao on the other hand was in his physical prime and had all of those attributes to begin with when those accusations started up.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 062322 View Post
Many will go on and call it hypocritical, perhaps it is but Marquez is 40, seemingly faster than he ever was, has a ridiculous physique, and 1 punch KO power all of a sudden. Pacquiao on the other hand was in his physical prime and had all of those attributes to begin with when those accusations started up.
I do agree that Marquez is very suspicious....but at this point it's still just an accusation, since he has never tested positive. Pacquiao was also suspicious in crushing fighters while he maintained or increased in power and speed as he gained weight. He also had controversial Alex Ariza in his camp during this rise (Ariza also in Brandon Rios' camp after he tested dirty against Pacman). Once accusations against Pacquiao started, his power seemed to decrease. Now it would be crazy if Marquez sues for defamation of character.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
When Floyd Mayweather requested this for the first time Pac fans were outraged and totally against these random blood tests. Now that the man who destroyed Pac has raised eyebrows all of a sudden his fans are in favor of these tests, go figure.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
One difference is that Pacquiao or his team have not accused Marquez of taking an illegal substance. They adopted the VADA testing for Bradley and Rios and all future opponents. Floyd's team flat out accused Manny of doping, which won Manny an out of court settlement. Manny isn't using testing as an excuse to dodge an opponent. Floyd did.

While we are on the topic of hypocrisy, let's take a look at Floyd, the P4P king of hypocrisy:

Criticizes Pacquiao for using catch-weights...then insists on catch-weight for Alvarez. Then goes on to say he didn't ask for one and that Alvarez introduced the idea, which Alvarez floated two years prior in order to get a big payday. Team Mayweather initially insisted on 150, Alvarez successfully negotiated it to 152. Which Floyd says..."nobody is forcing anyone to fight at a catch-weight, fight or don't fight". Of course he didn't allow Manny the same courtesy.

Claims Pacquiao's losses and draws and affiliation with Arum are reason not to fight him, yet he was willing to fight Marquez...a Top Rank fighter with several losses and draws. When asked by Ring magazine if he'll ever fight Pacquiao he replied, "Absolutely not! The only way I think the fight with the guy who has three losses and I don’t know how many draws, the only way that fight will happen is, he has to leave Bob Arum". Wonder why Marquez wasn't held to the same standard?

Prior to his fight with Diego Corrales, he was mocking him and publicly chastising him for beating his pregnant girlfriend. Floyd dedicated his win over Corrales to all the battered women out there. Fast forward and decade and who goes to jail for battering his baby-mama in front of his own kids? Little Floyd.

Floyd recently goes on an anti-bullying campaign with his boy-toy Justin Bieber. Then, at ringside during a bout goes on to sexually harass Cornelius Brundage's wife during a Ishe Smith/Brundage match. Ironically he is wearing a ballcap that says "Money, Power, Respect"...really? Where's the respect Floyd? Grinding on a man's wife just because his opponent is one of your lackey fighters in your stable. Good to see he's leading by example on that bullying campaign.

Writer Says Fighter Floyd Mayweather S*xually Harassed Another Boxer’s Wife | Your Black World

When interviewed about the Donald Sterling situation and how he would run the Clippers if he purchased the team, he stated "How I would run the Clippers is, I would treat the staff fair, all the employees fair, and I would also treat the fans fair,"...yeah Floyd, you treat boxing fans so fairly. Making racial cracks about whites and Asians. Telling reporters boxing is not about "what the fans want". Treating his security personnel like dogs and assaulting them. Yeah, real fair Floyd.

Should I go on with his hypocrisy or end it here? I think I'll end it here, you get the idea.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
One difference is that Pacquiao or his team have not accused Marquez of taking an illegal substance. They adopted the VADA testing for Bradley and Rios and all future opponents. Floyd's team flat out accused Manny of doping, which won Manny an out of court settlement. Manny isn't using testing as an excuse to dodge an opponent. Floyd did.

Actually, Manny did use testing as an excuse to dodge an opponent: He refused to take them! Then he sued and allegedly got a $114,000 settlement, out of which he had to pay his own legal fees...

While we are on the topic of hypocrisy, let's take a look at Floyd, the P4P king of hypocrisy:

Criticizes Pacquiao for using catch-weights...then insists on catch-weight for Alvarez. Then goes on to say he didn't ask for one and that Alvarez introduced the idea, which Alvarez floated two years prior in order to get a big payday. Team Mayweather initially insisted on 150, Alvarez successfully negotiated it to 152. Which Floyd says..."nobody is forcing anyone to fight at a catch-weight, fight or don't fight". Of course he didn't allow Manny the same courtesy.

Claims Pacquiao's losses and draws and affiliation with Arum are reason not to fight him, yet he was willing to fight Marquez...a Top Rank fighter with several losses and draws. When asked by Ring magazine if he'll ever fight Pacquiao he replied, "Absolutely not! The only way I think the fight with the guy who has three losses and I don’t know how many draws, the only way that fight will happen is, he has to leave Bob Arum". Wonder why Marquez wasn't held to the same standard?

Marquez was not a Bob Arum fighter.... He wasn't when they fought, and he isn't now. In fact, GoldenBoy was promoting Marquez. After Pac-Marquez II, Richard Shaefer offered Pacquiao a $6 million guarantee for a third fight.. Bob Arum turned it down.

Prior to his fight with Diego Corrales, he was mocking him and publicly chastising him for beating his pregnant girlfriend. Floyd dedicated his win over Corrales to all the battered women out there. Fast forward and decade and who goes to jail for battering his baby-mama in front of his own kids? Little Floyd.

Stupid decision by Floyd if he really did beat this woman. I don't condone violence against women, especially by a boxer.

Floyd recently goes on an anti-bullying campaign with his boy-toy Justin Bieber. Then, at ringside during a bout goes on to sexually harass Cornelius Brundage's wife during a Ishe Smith/Brundage match. Ironically he is wearing a ballcap that says "Money, Power, Respect"...really? Where's the respect Floyd? Grinding on a man's wife just because his opponent is one of your lackey fighters in your stable. Good to see he's leading by example on that bullying campaign.

Sexual Harassment is serious, why hasn't K9 or his wife spoken out about this? Why haven't they filed a lawsuit? AND... you're seriously bringing a hat into this discussion?

Writer Says Fighter Floyd Mayweather S*xually Harassed Another Boxer’s Wife | Your Black World

When interviewed about the Donald Sterling situation and how he would run the Clippers if he purchased the team, he stated "How I would run the Clippers is, I would treat the staff fair, all the employees fair, and I would also treat the fans fair,"...yeah Floyd, you treat boxing fans so fairly. Making racial cracks about whites and Asians. Telling reporters boxing is not about "what the fans want". Treating his security personnel like dogs and assaulting them. Yeah, real fair Floyd.

Come on man...you're bringing up old 'alleged' behavior. I can't believe you forgot to mention the fact that he cursed his dad out on tv . Do you have any names of these security guards that were treated like dogs? How do you think Floyd treats his personnel now?

Should I go on with his hypocrisy or end it here? I think I'll end it here, you get the idea.
My responses are in bold^^. I'm surprised it took you a whole week to dig up these stories you are talking about. The thing is: you hate Mayweather, yet you took the time to look up these stories and write about him. You succeeded in making Mayweather look like a terrible person, but you failed to explain why Manny's camp refused testing before, but now want to incorporate it if they are to fight Marquez for a 5th time. I think it's a good thing that they want random testing, I just don't understand why it was such an obstacle when Ariza was in camp.. Ariza joins Brandon Rios' team and they test positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWw-FUSMy6E

Old 05-29-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
My responses are in bold^^. I'm surprised it took you a whole week to dig up these stories you are talking about. The thing is: you hate Mayweather, yet you took the time to look up these stories and write about him. You succeeded in making Mayweather look like a terrible person, but you failed to explain why Manny's camp refused testing before, but now want to incorporate it if they are to fight Marquez for a 5th time. I think it's a good thing that they want random testing, I just don't understand why it was such an obstacle when Ariza was in camp.. Ariza joins Brandon Rios' team and they test positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWw-FUSMy6E
And I am not surprised you even posted this bread to begin with and are making excuses for your boy. Posting hat same silly video clip. Just like you dig up four year old threads out of desperation because your a hopeless fanboy. Later Evan...oh, I mean Time2....eh whatever your name is.

"If Floyd really did beat this woman"? Are you that much of a hopeless fanboy/girl that you think you know more than the prosecutor and district attorney? You have more insight to this incident than the judge who sentenced him? Typical.

The first round of negotiations is old business. My guess is Manny refused testing to see what legal options he had for defamation of character and Floyd's accusations that come in the middle of negotiations. But that's just my guess. YOU failed to explain why Mayweather has come up with a half dozen excuses to avoid him since then!

Here's more hypocrisy for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcv2SvfhJUA

Last edited by Coolhand68; 05-29-2014 at 07:08 AM..

Old 05-29-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
And I am not surprised you even posted this bread to begin with and are making excuses for your boy. Posting hat same silly video clip. Just like you dig up four year old threads out of desperation because your a hopeless fanboy. Later Evan...oh, I mean Time2....eh whatever your name is.

"If Floyd really did beat this woman"? Are you that much of a hopeless fanboy/girl that you think you know more than the prosecutor and district attorney? You have more insight to this incident than the judge who sentenced him? Typical.

The first round of negotiations is old business. My guess is Manny refused testing to see what legal options he had for defamation of character and Floyd's accusations that come in the middle of negotiations. But that's just my guess. YOU failed to explain why Mayweather has come up with a half dozen excuses to avoid him since then!

Here's more hypocrisy for you...

Floyd Mayweather Exposed As A Hypocrite! - YouTube

Lol @ you calling me a hopeless fanboy. I win here.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Lol @ you calling me a hopeless fanboy. I win here.
Yeah you're a winner alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing