Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:17 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Bingo.

Mayweather answers to no one. People like their athletes to be humble and kept under control by fat, old men. PBF talks smack, wins fights and gets paid 9 figures. The people that hate him are suckers. That hate is what fuels his machine. No one would be interested in a PBF fight if he acted just like Manny. Floyd realized a long time ago that being a heel pays much better than being a face.

Lets also remember that many great boxers are hated when they're in the ring, but become more loved years later. Jack Johnson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman etc.,
Lol you are so right, speaking of Ali, I think he was a better trash talker than Mayweather. Ali was hilarious even in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4itOnqf3k0
Want to talk about cocky, I know that pissed people off.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Hey54O6Qs

It's not just them, it's many boxers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfdoH1kJfOY
Tyson has the nerve to criticize what Floyd said and he said the same thing about himself when he was boxing.

This is exactly why I don't get into my feelings over what people do/say outside of their sport. Their not affecting my life. It's entertaining to me. I see people all over FB and Twitter writing statuses about how they wish Mayweather would lose because they don't like him and posting videos about him trash talking or bragging trying to make them look bad lol many fail to realize that maybe if they stop feeding into it then he won't be bragging as much. People fell right into the media's plan of hyping up this villain vs hero story to sell tickets lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 08:48 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
NOPE, he is a defensive master, wins fights and make$ big buck$!

Coward, ummm, nope. All these Internet_Rambos would last about 30 seconds in the ring with Floyd.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Only cowards beat women.
Cowards also cheat on their wife just like Pacquiao did. He's not the angel the media wants to portray.

Villain or not, he beat Pacquiao. Paquiao fans will have to live with this defeat forever. It is what it is.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Cowards also cheat on their wife just like Pacquiao did. He's not the angel the media wants to portray.

Villain or not, he beat Pacquiao. Paquiao fans will have to live with this defeat forever. It is what it is.
Please don't compare Floyds repeated pattern of beating and abusing women (often times in front of his own children) to Mannys cheating. Floyds own kids called him a coward. He beat a one armed Pacquiao and Floyd and his fans will have to life with that fact forever.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times
Quote:
Please don't compare Floyds repeated pattern of beating and abusing women (often times in front of his own children) to Mannys cheating. Floyds own kids called him a coward. He beat a one armed Pacquiao and Floyd and his fans will have to life with that fact forever.
Doesn't look like a "one armed Pacquiao" to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZklifGarQc

Old 05-12-2015, 04:31 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Is there anyone who thinks he's NOT a coward? Women beaters are cowards.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Fact? Bob Arum is known to be a liar saying last year the fight was signed when it wasn't. Saying Manny was afraid of needles and all other dumb excuses to avoid taking random blood tests. Blaming the socks for losing vs Morales. Now blaming a shoulder? Really, just makes them look more foolish and cowards that can't take a loss.

What hurts Pactards a lot is that they talked so much before the fight only to see their boy taken to school and see him miss the air with his flurry of punches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Is there anyone who thinks he's NOT a coward? Women beaters are cowards.
Men who are violent with women, women who are violent with men, etc. cowards as they know they won't attack back. I guess Floyd was also a coward for hitting Manny and knowing he would not hit as he would miss him all the time .

Old 05-12-2015, 12:13 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
The man is definitely a coward, a woman beating coward.

On his boxing style, no I don't think its cowardly. Hes just very defensive, grabs a LOT and has a boring style.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The man is definitely a coward, a woman beating coward
Cheating on your spouse, cheating your taxes, gambling and drinking, etc. doesn't make one an angel either, does it?

Quote:
On his boxing style, no I don't think its cowardly. Hes just very defensive, grabs a LOT and has a boring style.
The interesting thing is that before the fight Pac and his team promised to throw more than 100 punches per round, kick Floyd's ass, destroy him, etc. Only to have Floyd outbox Pac, as expected, and not only throwing more punches but also connecting more.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Fact? Bob Arum is known to be a liar saying last year the fight was signed when it wasn't. Saying Manny was afraid of needles and all other dumb excuses to avoid taking random blood tests. Blaming the socks for losing vs Morales. Now blaming a shoulder? Really, just makes them look more foolish and cowards that can't take a loss.

What hurts Pactards a lot is that they talked so much before the fight only to see their boy taken to school and see him miss the air with his flurry of punches.

Men who are violent with women, women who are violent with men, etc. cowards as they know they won't attack back. I guess Floyd was also a coward for hitting Manny and knowing he would not hit as he would miss him all the time .
Floyd said only losers make excuses. He has made endless excuses for ducking Manny and other opponents in their prime, beating women, and his own injuries. Now, here you are making excuses for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing