Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 02:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

Barclays Center fight on Spike.
Algieri is a huge underdog. He's never been knocked out,
and his only loss was to Pacquiao. Pac knocked him down 6 times
but he kept getting up. Meanwhile Khan has a rep for a glass chin.
Most everyone says it's a gimme fight for Khan, but Algieri has other plans.
Can he hurt Khan is the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 09:54 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
It turned out to be a good, competitive fight. Khan looked a little one dimensional though. He didn't look as sharp as he did against Alexander and Collazo. Give credit to Algieri for bringing the fight to him and trying to win. I think Khan expected Algieri to fight him on the outside with a lot of lateral movement and jabs. Threw his game plan off when Algieri came right at him.

At this point I would much rather see a Khan/Garcia rematch at 147 than Khan/Mayweather. Either that or he can fight Brook, or winner of the Broner/Porter match. I'm going to guess that Mayweather will pursue a rematch with Cotto to see if he can grab a title in a sixth weight class and then call it a career.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 AM

469 posts, read 576,986 times
Amir Khan has undeniable skill and he throws some nasty combos...that chin though. He got wobbled multiple times by Chris Algieri, not exactly a heavy handed guy. I honestly think Mayweather would knock him out. Algieri was game, he's about as prone to severe eye swelling as anyone I've ever seen though.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:09 AM

465 posts, read 418,400 times
Good fight. Amir is good but that chin is very very suspect. To me in round 1, it appeared amir was going down.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:08 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Khan is on the decline and he knows it. He was lucky to get this win. He's no match for Floyd and undeserving of a shot.

I think Khan should take on Canelo.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:12 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Khan is on the decline and he knows it. He was lucky to get this win. He's no match for Floyd and undeserving of a shot.

I think Khan should take on Canelo.
Canelo is way too big now. He comes into a fight close to 170. He needs to be fighting at middle weight, he is a big super welter.

Khan should look for a Garcia rematch, or get it on with Brook. Problem is he got wobbled by Algieri and I don't think he can get in there with big hitters. That said, Mayweather saw the weaknesses in Khan and will likely take this as a last fight on his contract. I'd rather see a Cotto rematch but I doubt Cotto will be ready for another fight in just three months. He still has to get past Geale tonight. A Garcia/Mayweather fight would be an interesting match up, but Danny hasn't done enough to raise his stock in some recent mediocre performances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing