Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:42 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times

Advertisements

Arguello-Mancini was a fun fight to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:06 PM

202 posts, read 153,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Arguello-Mancini was a fun fight to watch.
Hard to think of too many Mancini fights that weren't fun.

Such an entertaining fighter.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:42 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Aaron Pryor vs. Alexis Arguello 1 and 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39psaFgk_U

That first round of Hearns vs. Hagler is the greatest single round ever.

I reject any and all of you who will say Gatti vs. Ward. Those were two sub-par, mid skilled boxers with NO defense just flailing away.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:27 PM

54 posts, read 29,084 times
It’s 1990 and I walk in the gym from off the street.
It’s free at that time. Lucky enough, I’m not dead.

I was Phil Borgia's assistant and he introduced me to the cutman Al Gavin in the lobby of the hotel. Orlando

What do you seA?

That bad swelling never occurred again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CCqyJFc-bM

Leading with your head and being head butted.
This is A problem that could of been easily resolved.

Non-existent but widely used (especially on the World Wide Web) as an alternative to clandestine, and with an identical meaning. Logically, it should mean becoming more secret...

Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I'm going for the Marvin Hageler vs Thomas Hearns fight as one of the greatest matches in boxing history and fact that first round was ranked the greatest round in the 20th century history of boxing and a lot of boxing fans would also go for George Foreman and Ron Lyle back in 1976.
I saw that fight. It was a mismatch. Hearns made the mistake of trading punches and eventually collapsed. He had proven to have a weaker chin (relatively) in getting knocked out by Sugar Ray years earlier.

So, I vote for Hagler versus Leonard as one of the greatest fights. The outcome was controversial, and
Leonard was clearly the weaker puncher. But he was a better boxer (in my opinion) with sound defense
and timing in counter attacks. It was amazing how often he could strike in and out quickly fast enough to
avoid getting hit by Hagler's powerful uppercuts. I just remember the look of frustration on Hagler's
face as the fight ended with him knowing he wasn't able to knock out Leonard and likely lost. It's all in
his face - the distant look of having lost the victory he so badly wanted.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I'm going for the Marvin Hageler vs Thomas Hearns fight as one of the greatest matches in boxing history and fact that first round was ranked the greatest round in the 20th century history of boxing and a lot of boxing fans would also go for George Foreman and Ron Lyle back in 1976.
That Hagler/Hearns fight was great, I only wish it lasted longer. If I remember correctly it only went 5 rounds, but all action!!!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:27 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Seems like all the great fights were back in the day!! How about Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini/Duk Koo Kim?

What a great action packed fight that was, but very sad from what happened to Duk Koo Kim.

Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 AM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
Hearns-Hagler
Duran-Barkely
Hagler-Roldan
Duran-Moore
Boza Edwards-Bobby Chacon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing