Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times

Advertisements

This fight can be seen this saturday on HBO, for FREE! Plus, we get the opportunity to watch Mayweather's latest scam fight.

To the fight: There are some interesting possibilities. Given VK's arm length he could keep Arreola at bay. Plus, VK can take punch as demonstrated against Lennox Lewis who could knock down a bull. But, this fight has possibilities, at least I hope, because VK backs up standing straight up, a perfect opportunity for a puncher like Arreola. My opinion, VK should win but I can see a Rahman and Lennox Lewis type of fight (the first fight) so I am officially on the fence.

What is your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I've never been impressed with the Klits. The only reason they keep winning is their size and strength advantage over their opponents. They are awkward and stiff, and they tend to lose their balance and composure when tagged in the face. If Arreola can work his way inside he's got a legit shot at taking out Vitali. However, Vitali has proven he's got a pretty solid mug with the shots he took from Lewis. I think if Vitali can get past the halfway point, he's got the stamina to beat Arreola. If Arreola can't get the job done within six rounds I doubt he'll finish on his feat. He's not very well conditioned. Hope it's a good scrap either way.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:53 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
I agree about the Klits. They really are pathetic, very mechanical fighters who enjoy a size advantage over all of their opponents. Their opponents usually have limited mobility and can be measured and timed by these big robots. What a low point in the illustrous history of the great heavyweight division.

I'd love to see Arreola take the Klit out, but something tells me that the reason he was chosen as an opponent is because he presents no threat. I am rooting for Arreola however and I hope he does some damage in a close fight. Would be great to see him put the robot down.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I agree about the Klits. They really are pathetic, very mechanical fighters who enjoy a size advantage over all of their opponents. Their opponents usually have limited mobility and can be measured and timed by these big robots. What a low point in the illustrous history of the great heavyweight division.
I am not a fan of the Klits but happen to like this brother more than the younger one. As a boxing fan and as a fighter myself, I have to respect his KO % even though most of the people he fought were bums. I also know that Arreola really has no chance but I would love to see him get the win.

I really cant stand these robots. I hate the sanctioning bodies even more for making such ridiculous mandatory challenges. I really really really would like to see either of them give James Toney a shot. Even though he's so totally bloated up (aka FAT) and half as tall as the Klits, he has ALL the technical/scientific boxing skills to beat both robot brothers. I think Manny Steward is the one who keeps advising them not to take a Toney fight.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I don't know lao, after seeing Toney against Samuel Peter, and seeing what Vitali did to Peter, I'm not so sure Toney would do much better. He's out of shape, much smaller, and I'm not so sure his boxing skills would be enough to offset Vitali's power. The Klits are beatable when faced with aggressive fighters, not counter punchers who are at a reach and power disadvantage. Toney fights too flat footed these days and he doesn't slip punches as well. He leans on the ropes alot (a sign that a fighter is tired and his legs are aging), and that's a recipe for disaster as a heavyweight.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Somebody eventually could beat one of the brothers but the heavyweight division is not that good. A guy like Riddick Bowe in his prime would have done well or a George Foreman. It will be interesting to see when one of them finally faces Valuev who is 7 feet tall.It'll probably be the first time they are shorter then their opponent.I do have to say though that Vitali TOTALLY controlled the fight last night and made Arreola look like an amateur,and an out of shape slob.I felt bad for him.Take note of the closing comments by Lampley. Holy crap that was some ***** slap to C.A.!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
Arreola looked awaful, he needs to put the bottle of booze down, throw away the fat slice of pizza, stop chasing every skirt that smells good, and work out. He was in no condition to do any damage. He looked pitiful

Next hope for a win is David Haye beating one of the Klitschos, other than that who knows? And does anyone care?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Somebody eventually could beat one of the brothers but the heavyweight division is not that good. A guy like Riddick Bowe in his prime would have done well or a George Foreman. It will be interesting to see when one of them finally faces Valuev who is 7 feet tall.It'll probably be the first time they are shorter then their opponent.I do have to say though that Vitali TOTALLY controlled the fight last night and made Arreola look like an amateur,and an out of shape slob.I felt bad for him.Take note of the closing comments by Lampley. Holy crap that was some ***** slap to C.A.!
LOL! I wonder what Lampley said. I didn't watch the fight, but despite his physical appearance, Arreola comes to fight. This I can appreciate.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 10-01-2009 at 01:23 AM..

Old 10-01-2009, 01:07 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Quote:
I'd love to see Arreola take the Klit out
I don't know why, but suddenly I feel all excited.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snort View Post
i don't know why, but suddenly i feel all excited.
lol!:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing