Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:20 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times

Advertisements

By Ted Sares

I think it was a very smart move by Miguel to move the whole team to Tampa for this fight and for the last fight --Joe Santiago

He is right where I want him to be, perfect --Freddie Roach

These two will fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on November 14 in what promises to be another great war between two superstars—this one at a catch weight of 145 pounds. Cotto is 34-1 with a lofty KO percentage of 77.14 while Pacquiao is 49-3-2 with an impressive KO percentage of 68.52.

The Breakdown: In many ways, these two are more alike than not. They are skilled, have great heart, are great sportsmen, and represent their respective homelands with dignity and class, but enough of the niceties, let’s cut to the chase.

Pacquiao vs. Cotto: Breakdown and Prediction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
COTTO BY 9TH ROUND TKO!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
Pacquiao will be exposed in ths one, however if Cotto does not KO him, the judges will rob Cotto of the win

Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I think Manny's speed and endurance with be the key factor. If Cotto can get to Manny's body and slow him down, he has a solid chance of winning, he needs to try and lure Manny to the ropes somehow. Staying in the middle of the ring is Manny's fight, and being the faster and more active of the two, I think he'll pull this off with a UD. Looking at Pacquiao/Cotto 24/7 on HBO, Cotto looks a little soft around the middle considering the fight takes place in a few weeks. He may be at risk of over training for this fight if he isn't careful.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:42 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,846 times
A month ago, I was feeling pretty sure that Cotto would upset the Pac-man express. As the fight gets closer, however, I cannot stop thinking about how ridiculously quick Pacquiao is and how he completely dismantled a limited but strong and tough junior welterweight in Ricky Hatton. I also cannot stop thinking about Cotto getting buzzed and/or knocked down in fights with Zab Judah, Demarcus Corley, Ricardo Torres, and of course, Antonio Margarito. The closer it gets, the more I am thinking that Pacquiao scores a mid-rounds knockout.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times
Cotto is going to have to rely on power and a relentless body attack to slow Pacquiao down. Pacquiao really doesn't have to change anything to beat Cotto. Cotto will have to take some punishment to try to wear Pac down: his fight with Clotty showed me he does not fight well when forced back on his heels. Cotto needs to knock Pac man out to win: I don't think it will happen. Pacquiao by UD or 9-11th round tko.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Pacman takes this one.

This fight is hard to handicap but I have to give this one to Pacman. This fight will be like Pacman-Barrera. The key to what Cotto can do is Margarito. Despite Margarito's plastered hands, Cotto hit Margarito often and completely outboxed him. He put his full power into many of those shots and couldn't hurt or even put Margarito down. 6 months later, a 38 year old Mosley comes along and puts Margarito away. Cotto had beaten Mosley by outboxing him, but he didn't have the type of power that Vernon Forrest had to hurt Mosley. So Cotto is not a heavy puncher.

Is Cotto a heavier puncher than Mosley? No. Mosley just has problems with good boxers like De La Hoya, Forrest, Wright, and Cotto. He looks impressive against fighters who are less mobile who don't pose much of a threat in punching power. Cotto beat Zab Judah who is on the tail end of his career, a shattered fighter after he got clocked by Kostya Tszyu. Judah one of those Brooklyn fighters whose talk is greater than his talent. Very overrated. Cotto also beat a complete fluff in Paul Malignaggi. I do see that Cotto has avoided Ricky Hatton, a fighter that Pacman blew away.

This brings me back to Margarito. Cotto took an absolute beating in that fight and he hasn't been the same since. He hasn't fought often, certainly not against the top opposition. He gets hit and often. He has the resolve to take punishment, more than De La Hoya does for instance. But his tendency to get hit I feel is fatal to his chances against a guy like Pacman.

I see Cotto putting up a good fight, but unable to match the firepower coming his way. He doesn't have the power to hurt Pacman and he can only get hit for so long. How long Cotto lasts will depend on how much punishment he can take. Cotto is not as good a boxer as Marco Barrera.

This fight will go to Pacman and I don't think will go the distance.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:55 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Default Manny Pacquiao Wins by TKO in 12th

Fight wasn't even close. Manny spanked him through most of the fight. Cotto showed heart, but was no match for the PACMAN, fight was stopped in the 12th. Bring on Mayweather if he has the balls!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,095 times
Way to go Manny, 7 titles in different weight classes. One of the greatest fighters ever.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:00 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default As I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This fight is hard to handicap but I have to give this one to Pacman. This fight will be like Pacman-Barrera. The key to what Cotto can do is Margarito. Despite Margarito's plastered hands, Cotto hit Margarito often and completely outboxed him. He put his full power into many of those shots and couldn't hurt or even put Margarito down. 6 months later, a 38 year old Mosley comes along and puts Margarito away. Cotto had beaten Mosley by outboxing him, but he didn't have the type of power that Vernon Forrest had to hurt Mosley. So Cotto is not a heavy puncher.

Is Cotto a heavier puncher than Mosley? No. Mosley just has problems with good boxers like De La Hoya, Forrest, Wright, and Cotto. He looks impressive against fighters who are less mobile who don't pose much of a threat in punching power. Cotto beat Zab Judah who is on the tail end of his career, a shattered fighter after he got clocked by Kostya Tszyu. Judah one of those Brooklyn fighters whose talk is greater than his talent. Very overrated. Cotto also beat a complete fluff in Paul Malignaggi. I do see that Cotto has avoided Ricky Hatton, a fighter that Pacman blew away.

This brings me back to Margarito. Cotto took an absolute beating in that fight and he hasn't been the same since. He hasn't fought often, certainly not against the top opposition. He gets hit and often. He has the resolve to take punishment, more than De La Hoya does for instance. But his tendency to get hit I feel is fatal to his chances against a guy like Pacman.

I see Cotto putting up a good fight, but unable to match the firepower coming his way. He doesn't have the power to hurt Pacman and he can only get hit for so long. How long Cotto lasts will depend on how much punishment he can take. Cotto is not as good a boxer as Marco Barrera.

This fight will go to Pacman and I don't think will go the distance.
Blog of Pacquiao's TKO win over Cotto - Boxing News - FOX Sports on MSN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing