Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
It's not too late after a fight.Yes the fight is finished,but if he tests for steroids,HGH,etc...people will say that he won because of them and then they will question his career like others that have been caught using.The win will be voided and his record will be scarred.
Yeah and Mayweathers record will be blemished also because the other person is right people will remember he got knocked out.

Heck people make excuses for Mayweathers wins you think they are going to say after he got knocked out. Oh he really won that fight

No people would say he still wouldnt have won had he not been knocked out the judges would have givin it to Manny or he still wouldnt have won anyways

So to avoid all that make sure Manny is clean before the fight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah and Mayweathers record will be blemished also because the other person is right people will remember he got knocked out.

Heck people make excuses for Mayweathers wins you think they are going to say after he got knocked out. Oh he really won that fight

No people would say he still wouldnt have won had he not been knocked out the judges would have givin it to Manny or he still wouldnt have won anyways

Exactly. What people will remeber is the fight NOT what happen after that and I can understand the Mayweather comp not taking chances. I just wish these guys solve their problem and let us enjoy the best fight may be in decades!

Old 12-26-2009, 02:17 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:

I get what your saying but disagree.In baseball do they remember that McGwire saved baseball and hit 70 HR's? No,but they remember he was accused of steroid use and his hall voting has suffered because of it. He hasn't even been proven guilty and his HR numbers should have got him in on the 1st or 2nd ballot.You can say what you want about a loss but if they found him guilty of steroid or PED use,the victory would be vacated and it would surely develop into a rematch for more $$$. It's a can't lose proposition for either fighter.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:34 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
How different is this ''Olympic-style drug testing'' from the other drug testings? is it more advanced and can detect drugs more than regular tests?

Old 12-26-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
How different is this ''Olympic-style drug testing'' from the other drug testings? is it more advanced and can detect drugs more than regular tests?
Olympic style is random they can come and test you anywhere anytime. So that way he cant stop taking something in time for the test

As of now boxing does urine test before and after the fights that hgh is not detectable in and blood samples once a year to get your license.

So basically any Boxer could be taking HGH because it wouldnt show up in the urine test that Boxing performs.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I get what your saying but disagree.In baseball do they remember that McGwire saved baseball and hit 70 HR's? No,but they remember he was accused of steroid use and his hall voting has suffered because of it. He hasn't even been proven guilty and his HR numbers should have got him in on the 1st or 2nd ballot.You can say what you want about a loss but if they found him guilty of steroid or PED use,the victory would be vacated and it would surely develop into a rematch for more $$$. It's a can't lose proposition for either fighter.
Sorry but I would NOT risk my rep on that if I were Floyd.

Heck people are already blaming him for the fight not happening saying he doesnt want to fight Manny because hes asking for this test. Do you really think those people are going to say ok he lost but its because manny did roids. No they are going to say he would have lost anyway.

They dont give him credit when he wins and you think they will give him credit when he loses. Heck no

Then there goes the entire image Floyd spent years to build up to earn a living.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Exactly. What people will remeber is the fight NOT what happen after that and I can understand the Mayweather comp not taking chances. I just wish these guys solve their problem and let us enjoy the best fight may be in decades!

I hope they do also but with Manny having to take random blood test.

Heck I was counting down days for this fight.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:28 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Sorry but I would NOT risk my rep on that if I were Floyd.

Heck people are already blaming him for the fight not happening saying he doesnt want to fight Manny because hes asking for this test. Do you really think those people are going to say ok he lost but its because manny did roids. No they are going to say he would have lost anyway.

They dont give him credit when he wins and you think they will give him credit when he loses. Heck no

Then there goes the entire image Floyd spent years to build up to earn a living.
Don't fool yourself.It's ALWAYS about the payday and if he lost and they found out drugs were involved,you know there would be a rematch further down the road and that would mean alot more money.By the way,if they don't give him credit now when he wins,then they'll find an excuse to discredit him if he won this fight too. Manny was sick,or stressed about the drug testing.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Don't fool yourself.It's ALWAYS about the payday and if he lost and they found out drugs were involved,you know there would be a rematch further down the road and that would mean alot more money.By the way,if they don't give him credit now when he wins,then they'll find an excuse to discredit him if he won this fight too. Manny was sick,or stressed about the drug testing.
There wouldnt be a rematch.

No boxer is going to fight him again without him agreeing to Olympic style testing. At least not one worth his salt of a real match.

Floyd wouldnt agree to another match without olympic style testing. Manny isnt going to agree to that. He wont agree to it now. Then you have Mannys embarrassment for being a fraud dude might not even fight again if he got caught.

Then the trouble he would get in for testing dirty.

So the theory of a rematch to set the record straight wouldnt happen.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
this is becoming outrageous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing