Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 01:20 AM

339 posts, read 1,436,286 times

Advertisements

It's the Monday after and still no threads on the fantastic Kessler v. Froch battle? IMO, best yet of the Super Six.

In Denmark, Kessler may have won on the judges card--the one Belgian judge giving it 117/111 to Kessler was a total head-scratcher--but based on press row, the Showtime commentators and the split decision amongst my own living room, I'd argue the bout could have been a true draw. Though Froch really could have taken it. (That is, if he were more capable of closing. He seems to time and time again badly wobble his opponents, only to back right off. I'm not sure why he employs McCracken since he doesn't appear to utilize his corner advice even one little iota.)

Thoughts? Will anyone break the tourney's home turf streak? Froch has gone on record that he absolutely won't fight Abraham in Germany.... and the venue swaps, which I guess were previously agreed upon to follow a particular pattern of not having to box 'away' fights back-to-back seem to be getting tricky...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I no longer have Showtime so I didn't see this one. I thought Froch would take this one, Kessler surprised me after his performance against Ward.

I'm curious to see how the tounament is going to play out with Green now tossed in the mix to replace Taylor. It would rather have seen Bute on the tournament, he looks to be the most impressive of the 168 pounders lately. Too bad Calzaghe retired, I was hoping to see him and Froch have a go at it, that would have been a good fight as well.

I still think Ward is overrated but he should get past Green. Ward vs Dirrell is what I'm waiting for, I think Dirrell is the better of the two.

I can't blame Froch for not wanting to fight Abraham in Germany, especially after the first Edison Miranda fight.

So far it's anyone's guess as to who will win the tournament. Several upsets along the way have kept this thing interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing