Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM

18 posts, read 130,943 times

Advertisements

Hi! We're in Southern Oregon and we've had enough of the extreme and rapid growth here. The open and wild spaces are not being protected. Crime, pollution and over-crowding are on the rise. There's no stopping it and we want to live in a healthier, more forward thinking community. We've heard a lot of good things about Bozeman. What's the growth like there? Do the city leaders seem to be balancing preservation and progress well? Is the quality of life still positive? We'd welcome any input. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM

90 posts, read 317,947 times
Bozeman was rated #1 by some business magazine. I'd imagine a lot of Bozeman citizens wish they'd chosen Witchita by now.

Have you already checked the City-Data.com homepage? (It's linked at the very top-left of the Frame of this page. Just click the name.)

- KK

Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketotem View Post
.....we've had enough of the extreme and rapid growth here....The open and wild spaces are not being protected. Crime, pollution and over-crowding are on the rise. There's no stopping it....
Yup....

Sounds exactly like Bozeman to me.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 PM

5 posts, read 17,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketotem View Post
Hi! We're in Southern Oregon and we've had enough of the extreme and rapid growth here. The open and wild spaces are not being protected. Crime, pollution and over-crowding are on the rise. There's no stopping it and we want to live in a healthier, more forward thinking community. We've heard a lot of good things about Bozeman. What's the growth like there? Do the city leaders seem to be balancing preservation and progress well? Is the quality of life still positive? We'd welcome any input. Thanks.
Read this...

//www.city-data.com/forum/monta...-moved-ny.html

Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 AM

495 posts, read 493,145 times
snaketotem wrote

Quote:
This has got to be a joke right ? What's the growth like ? WHAT'S THE GROWTH LIKE ? It's spreading like cancer and about as pretty and as much fun to watch.
"We heard a lot of good things about Bozeman"...from who ? a realestate agent ? They'll tell you Jesus lives there id they thought it would close the deal.
You gotta' love this one "Is the qualithy of life still positive"........yea it's positive.....positively in the grapper !
Montana WAS "the last best place" WAS is the key word here, never before have so many, done so much, to ruin so much, in so little time. And be so proud of it to boot.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 AM

529 posts, read 1,892,857 times
JoeJoeMan

You know as well as I that we would never do this sort of thing to ourselves....

Most everyone that comes to these threads have heard about us from some promotions company that isn't based here..... many real estate companies from out of state are also along for the ride too.

You can just about tell what promotions are on for the week, just by reading the questions being asked here.

Quality of life in Bozeman??.... Sweet simple life in Bozeman??.... Slow or non-growth in Bozeman??...
Ya right..... in some real estate agents fantasies....... The only thing simple and charming about Bozeman, Montana is all of the money that real eastate agents put into their pockets after huckstering some poor sap into moving there.

My advice is such that says, if you really want to know how it is in Montana..... or any place else for that matter....... Talk to the folks that "actually live there/here"....... we'll tell you exactly where the bears do-the-dookie......

Don't buy into this B.S. about how simple and charming Bozeman is..... There are places in Oregon that are simpler and much more charming than Bozeman, Montana.......

Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 PM

495 posts, read 493,145 times
Default not hip

giftshopguy.........yea, i'm not aware of just what promotions are out there, or what is being done to sell us out. I just have this general sense the we are being promote, as I hear politicians at the local and state level always saying such things as, "we need to promote, dah, dah dah,"
One of the people that has really help destroy missoula is the University of Motana president, he won't be satisified until he has the enrollment up to a million. Even the faculity and staff say he's ruined it.
There aren't enough in-state students anymore to increase enrollment so now he's on a campaing to recruit out-a-state, what's the point.... I guess the residencial area around the university has taken it in the shorts, 1000's of student everyday back and forth on those little streets, parking, crime, beer cans, over crowed classes, general deterioration of the neighborhood, you name it..............and he's (pre$ident) still isn't satisfied....we need more more more students. The man has perfected the perfect plan for ruining what use to be a good education and the surrounding commuity, all for what ?
Don't you just want to smack people like that ?......figuratively speaking, sorry, but I just had to say that, it just erks me to no end how some people will just ruin something that use to be so nice and walk around they are earth's new savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman