Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,590 times

Advertisements

The other states I lived in had serious WAL*MART / crime
problems. In PA, our sleepy little town had to hire
more policemen. That still didnt cover it. The town then
decided to collect from business owners to cover State
Police help. There almost was a riot over that, and it
didnt go through. WAL*MART paid for the exra coverage.
Great for the homeowners in the area, too
WAL*MART. Scum plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,605 times
Ive shopped at Walmarts in Williston North Dakota..Batesville Mississippi...Portsmouth New Hampshire...Greenwood South Carolina....Cocoa FLorida...Norwich, Lisbon and Waterford Connecticut and never heard of crime being that bad there.

All of those towns are ones I lvied in, so I was there at least once a week

Paul

Old 10-31-2007, 05:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
As if people needed any more excuses to stop shopping at WalMart!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
So we're going to shop at Wal-Mart in Titusville on Friday the 21st at 8am. As we drive into the parking lot, a black man casually walks up to a woman leaving with her cart and he reaches in it and steals her laptop and another box she just purchased!!! Of course she is screaming and we are shocked! He goes running across the parking lot and we followed him in our car. He got into a large box truck with tomatoes on the side and took off. Wal-Mart had 2 men chasing the truck as well as the woman.
We were going to follow him but he ran the red light and got onto RT 50. I have checked the newspaper but no story about it anywhere that I can find. Wasn't on the news that night either. So I don't know if they caught this thug or not. The police did arrive quickly.
Isn't that a shame you can't even buy something without getting robbed while walking to your car? So be careful as you leave Wal-Mart in Titusville. And this happened in the early morning and sunny.
crime is understated. police and local government tweak stats so as not to discourage commerce. crime is up. when you dont punish crime goes up.
it used to be the bad guys shot at cops the cops shot back no more bad guys. now the bad guys shoot at cops the cops shoot back, the cops go to jail. when a cop dies hardly a tear is shed, when a cop shoots a bad guy the city goes into an uproar. in my short 59 years it did a 180. the sky is cryin.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:03 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,157,323 times
Lightbulb Question

What would happen if Wal-Mart will leave the area? Will the problems take place in another establishment?

We have 2 Wal-Mart stores (Navarre & Gulf-Breeze) and we don't see a spike in crime because of the stores or the people that shops within.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,590 times
Good Question !
My experience with WAL*MARTs have all been sooooo
negative I could fill a book with them so I wont go into
it other than to say at town meetings I faced their lawyers
and lost faith in humans, but, I have only lived in rural
areas....my house on Rt. 1, NPB is the most 'urban' area
Ive lived in. Realistically, there probably wouldnt be the
same problems in a very monied, gated community type
place that the rural areas face.....who knows though. I
will never go into one to find out.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:56 PM

262 posts, read 937,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
As if people needed any more excuses to stop shopping at WalMart!
I don't need another excuse - the noise and general bedlam is enough to scare me away.

But I agree that if Wal-Mart weren't there, some other place would be hit. The criminals will always hit the establishment where the temptation is greatest.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
So we're going to shop at Wal-Mart in Titusville on Friday the 21st at 8am. As we drive into the parking lot, a black man casually walks up to a woman leaving with her cart and he reaches in it and steals her laptop and another box she just purchased!!! Of course she is screaming and we are shocked! He goes running across the parking lot and we followed him in our car. He got into a large box truck with tomatoes on the side and took off. Wal-Mart had 2 men chasing the truck as well as the woman.
We were going to follow him but he ran the red light and got onto RT 50. I have checked the newspaper but no story about it anywhere that I can find. Wasn't on the news that night either. So I don't know if they caught this thug or not. The police did arrive quickly.
Isn't that a shame you can't even buy something without getting robbed while walking to your car? So be careful as you leave Wal-Mart in Titusville. And this happened in the early morning and sunny.
When that Wal-Mart was first built I lived 2 miles from it, police cars were there nearly every day for as long as I can remember because of shop lifters. They caught employees carrying merchandise out the back door hiding it and would return after work and pick it up...lol.. that store does have a history for problems.

Last edited by Jim280; 10-31-2007 at 10:39 PM..

Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
yikes. that sucks. it's weird but towns like titusville, melbourne, cocoa, kissimmee, etc... small towns in central fla that seems to have a high crime rate. i dont get it really. it's like you cant escape crime in central fla or something.

Central FL is like a crime magnet, you ever spend any time in south Orlando along the OBT at night..LOL

Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Central FL is like a crime magnet, you ever spend any time in south Orlando along the OBT at night..LOL
unfortunately, this seems to be pretty accurate. especially orlando, but even small surrounding towns like kissimmee, poinciana, altamonte, sanford, and towns towards the coast in central fla too. the only towns that i would suggest anyone to move to are oviedo/winters springs and lake mary/maitland in orange and seminole counties. this is my opinion, others' may vary a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County