Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,868,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_who_me? View Post
me and my mom are paying $375 a month for 1 1/2 bedroom on the westside and our lease end by mid 2012.........

Is there any areas can we look that charge the same amount of rent but in a

1-1/2 or 2 bedroom - Lower or Rear
because we are look for in areas of

Westside
West Seneca
Lovejoy
Blackrock
First Ward

Also some neighbor where i lived say that the eastside is a ghetto areas is that true ?
Add Kaisertown and South Buffalo to your list. Both solid cheap areas.
Don't go to Pennslyvania, if Buffalo is an adjustment then rural Pennslyvania will truly be a shock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 PM

46 posts, read 77,369 times
Default what about Akron OH

Also i was think but if i did not mention that i was think about "Akron OH" because is near the border of PA and when i ask about what areas are okay and rate of the rent i want to pay for a 2BR

what did i get

FAILURES from this ohio forum...................Go figured !...........Simple Question!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,868,368 times
Quote:
Also i was think but if i did not mention that i was think about "Akron OH" because is near the border of PA and when i ask about what areas are okay and rate of the rent i want to pay for a 2BR

what did i get

FAILURES from this ohio forum...................Go figured !...........Simple Question!
I don't understand why you can't find a cheap place to live in Buffalo. If you can't afford Buffalo where can you afford?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 AM

719 posts, read 1,552,819 times
Quote:

what did i get

Irish,
I don't want this to sound harsh but you may get better responses if you "clean up" your posts. I find myself re-reading your posts multiple times to understand what it is you are stating/asking.
I would suggest using complete sentences, beware of context, be direct and concise.
As you are probably already aware, from searching, that apartments for $375/mo will be small and likely in "sketchy" areas. Your best tool to find inexpensive apartments is going to be Craigslist.
One question I have - How much is your rent going to increase in mid-2012? Is the cost of moving going to be greater than the increase in rent? Also, if you like the area you are in, is it worth it to pay a little more than risk moving into a neighborhood that has higher crime, is less safe, etc.
Thanks and good luck,
Big D JT

Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:

what did i get

Late to this one but "Akron is close to the PA border" ? I guess compared to Chicago it is.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,543,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Late to this one but "Akron is close to the PA border" ? I guess compared to Chicago it is.
Its only like an hour which is about as far as Buffalo is from PA (though Youngstown may be a better fit for the OP).

Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post

Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,315 times
Quote:
What about PA or OH/PA Border ?...........for $375 and 2BR
I definitely think you should look to Ohio or Pennsylvania to relocate to. Everything is less expensive there and I think they will treat you better than you have been treated in NY State. I say go for it, although we will surely miss having you in our midst.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbuy View Post
I definitely think you should look to Ohio or Pennsylvania to relocate to. Everything is less expensive there and I think they will treat you better than you have been treated in NY State. I say go for it, although we will surely miss having you in our midst.
Perhaps "OH Finally" needs a roommate?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:

what did i get

Aren't you going back to Ireland where you own property and have been able to easily obtain a driver's license?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area