Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 07:28 PM

11 posts, read 10,298 times

Advertisements

Haven't been up there since moving back from California last July. Went to visit my mother who lives near the Asian Market (Old Walmart). Decided we needed a quick few supplies from the "new" Walmart on 3290 Sheridan. Wow is that place ghetto! I mean, I know it's Walmart, but christ - comparing it to the Super center walmart in Hamburg... it's a friggin' dump. The clientele is absolutely horrendous! Much like the crowd that's been trashing the Amherst Chuck E. Cheese.

How did Amherst get so damn ghetto!??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 PM

821 posts, read 759,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwt2777 View Post
Haven't been up there since moving back from California last July. Went to visit my mother who lives near the Asian Market (Old Walmart). Decided we needed a quick few supplies from the "new" Walmart on 3290 Sheridan. Wow is that place ghetto! I mean, I know it's Walmart, but christ - comparing it to the Super center walmart in Hamburg... it's a friggin' dump. The clientele is absolutely horrendous! Much like the crowd that's been trashing the Amherst Chuck E. Cheese.

How did Amherst get so damn ghetto!??
That is inner ring decline for you. Cheektowaga is ready to fall off a cliff west of Harlem, and parts of Eggertsville have taken a noticeable step back. Just go to the Walmart on Walden in Cheektowaga...yikes. Really sad.

Last edited by cjoseph; 06-10-2018 at 08:22 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 12:33 AM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
I'm just tired of the potholes, tbh

Old 06-11-2018, 04:23 AM

879 posts, read 1,629,837 times
Hmm...by ghetto do you mean having a large Jewish population? Or are you using the modern parlance to indicate a large number of minorities? I didn't expect any Walmart to be a bastion of cleanliness and order, did you? Of course by "the crowd that has been trashing Chuck E. Cheese", we can infer that you mean, yes, black people. You then get a cheerleader from cjoseph who echoes your sentiments of the 1950's "there goes the neighborhood" mentality.

What neither of you realize is that the overarching strategy of trying to contain poverty and crime within cities is obviously a failed strategy. We now reap what we sow regarding disinvestment. Ahhh...America. Next you'll be complaining about Mexicans speaking Spanish in Arizona, where the word is literally Spanish meaning dry zone. What's your beef with Buffalo? You've moved but you cannot move on? Please keep your trashy attitude away from here. Thanks and good day.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,327 times
There was an underground meth lab in that Walmart parking lot, underground in the sewer.

This is not a new walmart, I believe it to be at least 6 years old.

The proximity to Bailey avenue may have to do with the clientele.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:48 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoobie View Post
Hmm...by ghetto do you mean having a large Jewish population? Or are you using the modern parlance to indicate a large number of minorities? I didn't expect any Walmart to be a bastion of cleanliness and order, did you? Of course by "the crowd that has been trashing Chuck E. Cheese", we can infer that you mean, yes, black people. You then get a cheerleader from cjoseph who echoes your sentiments of the 1950's "there goes the neighborhood" mentality.

What neither of you realize is that the overarching strategy of trying to contain poverty and crime within cities is obviously a failed strategy. We now reap what we sow regarding disinvestment. Ahhh...America. Next you'll be complaining about Mexicans speaking Spanish in Arizona, where the word is literally Spanish meaning dry zone. What's your beef with Buffalo? You've moved but you cannot move on? Please keep your trashy attitude away from here. Thanks and good day.
Thanks for the laughs.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:48 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times
https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...eny/1350191544
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area