Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 07:21 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Don't forget that the current governor has identified a large number of life long New Yorkers and said they don't belong in NY. I even heard him say "good ridence" to a very prominent resident that has done a lot for NY.
I'm one of them.

I haven't forgotten his hateful rhetoric.

I plan to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 11:03 AM

275 posts, read 285,216 times
We are both native WNY'ers but we're leaving later this year. Taxes are a big part of it for us. As is the business climate in general. It seems the government in the state, from local to county to the State, all need an overhaul. I haven't lived anywhere else so I'm hoping the new area isn't as bad.
Weather is an issue but if we were happier with the other stuff, we'd probably live with the weather.
I am a little sad to leave. It is a beautiful area and there are many fun things to do and places to visit but I'm sure we'll have that in our future too. Let the adventure begin

Last edited by MayMoveInFuture; 01-31-2020 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: additional

Old 01-31-2020, 11:10 AM

1,991 posts, read 899,753 times
Best of luck everyone. Life is too short to live where you are not happy.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:30 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,137 times
My wife and I often talk about moving out of NYS and going to Florida or so place out west. My wife is from Upstate and I'm from GA but have lived in NYS for the last 12 years. I'm not a big fan of the taxes, but luckily NYS does offer a fair exemption for combat/disabled vets, so it lessens the burden. But honestly, we both have great jobs, love our community and our kids schools, and where we live. And while I do not agree with the Governor and a lot of the downstate politics it really doesn't effect me on a personal level. At least not enough to make me want to uproot my whole families lives. Other than that, sure the winters are rough but I only really get tired of the winters when its still cold in March/April, but before you know it the weather is nice again. I don't know, maybe when the kids are done with school or I get a great job offer somewhere else we'll reconsider, but until then I think we'll stick around. Just remember, no place is going to be perfect and the grass isn't always greener. This is coming from someone who has lived in many different places and experienced many different cultures at various socioeconomic levels.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 3,188 times
I have a great job but I can land the same kind of job elsewhere, have better weather, lower taxes, more rights and not have to worry about my guns being taken from me. the only reason I'm here is because I can't leave my parents, but even that won't keep here forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area