Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:34 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times

Advertisements

YOu asked where I got my statistics? Try Heritage or Cato who have both done studies on immigration. Maybe you should have read before you wrote.

The 2nd generation of illegal aliens are NOT illegal- if they are born here they are citizens. Maybe you should have thought before you wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 11:22 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I understand you woes. The cops in Buffalo are so crooked they walk straight. I had similar problems. They just dont do anything. And they allow drug dealers do deal year after year while knowing about it. I used to live on parkdale and I would get problems all the time. I had a crack dealer above me. Once I called the cops cause one of my neighbors was steeling my electric. All the cop did was cut the cord. Then he did something to let me know that he knew that they were selling crack up above yet, I am not a narc but it was nice to know he knew yet never even as time went buy done anything about it. Buffalo police are so crooked. Those who have never lived in Buffalo will never understand..
I've lived in Buffalo all my life and I don't understand how you could use the internet to spread lies about Buffalo police. These are people who put their lives in danger everyday that they wear their uniforms to protect the people of this city. They are over-worked and underpaid. What is showing on the surface, much is unknown behind the scenes.

A better option to the problem you had would have been to visit the police station, either in your district, or the the hq on Franklin dowtown. You could have made a call or even report a tip anonymously online.

here's a couple of links: Report a Tip - Buffalo Police Department
Contact - Buffalo Police Department

Instead you opted to bash the entire City of Buffalo police dept over the internet, if what you wrote in your post is how you really feel, with an attitude like that, it's no wonder (you say) the police didn't help you.

As far as drug dealings go, not every investigation can be wrapped up in an hour like an episode of CSI.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
I've lived in Buffalo all my life and I don't understand how you could use the internet to spread lies about Buffalo police. These are people who put their lives in danger everyday that they wear their uniforms to protect the people of this city. They are over-worked and underpaid. What is showing on the surface, much is unknown behind the scenes.

A better option to the problem you had would have been to visit the police station, either in your district, or the the hq on Franklin dowtown. You could have made a call or even report a tip anonymously online.

Instead you opted to bash the entire City of Buffalo police dept over the internet, if what you wrote in your post is how you really feel, with an attitude like that, it's no wonder (you say) the police didn't help you.

As far as drug dealings go, not every investigation can be wrapped up in an hour like an episode of CSI.

Great Post!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 37,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
YOu asked where I got my statistics? Try Heritage or Cato who have both done studies on immigration. Maybe you should have read before you wrote.

The 2nd generation of illegal aliens are NOT illegal- if they are born here they are citizens. Maybe you should have thought before you wrote.
No no... you don't just get to point to a basic page of data and say "there." Here's that statistic you quoted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
There have been many studies on the effects of immigration and even the worst say they cost us $120milion a year in the first generation but all admit in the 2nd generation they are among the most productive citizens.
So where exactly is that statistic showing specifically "2nd generation" Mexicans whose parents came here illegally? What's that? Oh that's right - it's NOT there. I said that we have a problem with the illegals' children when they're CHILDREN and not being given productive things to keep busy by their parents because their parents are too busy working multiple jobs to keep tabs on them. Here locally they turn into a bunch of punk kids who do nothing but cause mischief. We have a huge problem with teenage crime (gangs, shootings, burglaries, muggings, etc.). I'll give you a couple of guesses of what their race just happens to be a VERY LARGE MAJORITY of the time. There are two in particular that stand out - and you know exactly which ones I'm citing. I could point to some random data page that doesn't contain anything that I'm talking about (like you) or I can just give you the real deal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime Read the section under United States that says, "Black on Black Crime." (And yes, wikipedia DOES cite their sources with little numbers representing a link to where the data came from):
Quote:
Black on Black Crime
Homicide is the leading cause of death for African American males aged 15 - 34. In the year 2005 the Black homicide victimization rate was 6 times higher than the rate for Whites at 20.6 per 100,000,[4] with 94% of Black homicide victims being killed by a Black offender.[5] Explanations offered for the higher rates of crime among African Americans include family structure,[6] the higher rates of single parent families, unemployment and ecological concentrations of ghetto poverty, and other socio-economic causes.[7]
In the US, significantly less media coverage is given to crimes where the victim is black, compared with crimes where the victim is white.[8]
Higher rates of single parent family homes? NO WAY!! Black people having higher instances of higher single parent homes? NO WAY!! REALLY????

Let's not even touch on the fact that they SHOULDN'T automatically be declared US Citizens just because their parents (who are here illegally) popped them out while they were on American soil. There's another stupid loophole. It should be if you're here illegally, then your unborn children are illegal too.

Now California is trying to raise their taxes to 9.50% (from 8.25%), increase DMV fees (which are already approximately $300-$500 a year to register a vehicle here), and raise bridge tolls to $5.00 to cover the bankrupt ways of the state. This was announced about 2 weeks ago as the wonderful plan to fix the broken financial budget of California. Nice - no mention of the bleeding money problems going on as a result of the tidal wave of illegals that come over the border every year.

Just shut up and pay your tax bill and deal with it. We'll figure how it's best to (waste) spend your money.

Next time you want to cite a statistic you probably should cite a page that actually contains that exact stat. I too can point to a page that has a bunch or random data that has nothing to do with a statement I made that someone is contesting...

You're just pissed because you're one of those truly closed minded individuals who are so worried about being OVERLY politically correct that you want to ignore that facts that are right in front of your face. More proof needed? Here's a link ( //www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...ml#post2201461 )to another on going discussion for my area for a guy actually looking for predominately black neighborhoods. If you actually read the posts & responses from the people who live in this area and what they have to say, you'll get a clear picture of which areas are really dumpy here and what the cause tends to be... It's NO COINCIDENCE - but you can continue to stick your head in the sand and ignore it; hell that's what our government and a large portion of our population has been doing for decades.

Last edited by menlomanager; 11-14-2008 at 09:37 AM..

Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,731 times

[+]
Hold on there slick, lies I dont think so, and unless you were in my exact situation you are just playing cheerlear for the police department. I dont care how long you have lived in Buffalo for, probably in the suburb. My dealings with them have been a joke. You cant tell me I am lieing because I know what I have been through. OH, and by the way you claim you live in Buffalo, but let me tell you some words of wisdom. When you live in the hood, you learn how to keep your mouth shut, its good for the health, if you know what I mean. Apparently your life in the suburbs dont require the same particular street code conduct but unfortunately we are all not that lucky. Please next time you want to tell someone off, put yourself in their shoes first, ok, cheerleader. Besides if I didnt know any better, I would say you are a cop. And to act like crooked cops dont exist in your fairy tale version of Buffalo. LMAO...Get a clue..

Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,930 times
Quote:
Hold on there slick, lies I dont think so, and unless you were in my exact situation you are just playing cheerlear for the police department. I dont care how long you have lived in Buffalo for, probably in the suburb. My dealings with them have been a joke. You cant tell me I am lieing because I know what I have been through. OH, and by the way you claim you live in Buffalo, but let me tell you some words of wisdom. When you live in the hood, you learn how to keep your mouth shut, its good for the health, if you know what I mean. Apparently your life in the suburbs dont require the same particular street code conduct but unfortunately we are all not that lucky. Please next time you want to tell someone off, put yourself in their shoes first, ok, cheerleader. Besides if I didnt know any better, I would say you are a cop. And to act like crooked cops dont exist in your fairy tale version of Buffalo. LMAO...Get a clue..
From the same person quoted in a different thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/buffa...ss-if-i-4.html

Quote:
I miss my walks downtown. I miss the easy availability of buying pot. Yeah, I am a smoker.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1
I miss my walks downtown. I miss the easy availability of buying pot. Yeah, I am a smoker.

And your point..I do miss Buffalo, whats that got to do about crooked cops. Your mistaken my gripes with the police as with Buffalo. Learn to hear what people are saying before your quick to judge. And yeah, I do smoke weed, big deal.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXBUFFALOGAL View Post
my neighborhood in south buffalo went down in two years. (PR invasion)

the cops are emansculated because they are outnumbered and they know it.

I had a break in, they took all the big appliances of two apartments(subdivided from one big house). The police never investigated, the officer that was supossed to do the investigation (there were witnesses) never did, but lied to me everytime i managed to get hold of him. finally he was transferred ( i was told) and the case file went with him never to be seen again.(?) I was not able to take the case to court because the officer never did the investigation. insurance did not pay because i didnt take the case to court.

the stop **** controlling the water from the main into the house, which are buried 5 feet underground, broke, and it turned out that it was my responsibililty to fix it, at a 4ooo cost.

that was the last straw. LOst a bunch of money but got the heck out never but never to return, not even passing through. a hell hole.
I always thought South Buffalo was kind of dumpy....the crime rate was always higher than in the suburbs......
Don't put Buffalo down just because you had one bad experience!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:01 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,999,046 times
If I had a nickel for everytime someone thought a cop in their city is crooked..........

Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 PM

A pot smoker didn't like where the crack dealing was living.

Still no reason to use the internet to bash the entire Buffalo Police Department of a city you no longer live in. Who is the moderator of this (NY) forum? The TOS says personal attacks are not allowed, though what are the infraction of a member who uses this forum to thump on a valuable service to our city?
I swear your just one of them lonely people who want to argue please stop bothering me and go away. Please. You are very annoying. Find someone else to harrass. If you didn't like this particular thread dont answer it, but how grandiose to act like you know everything. And oh by the way, learn to accept differences in people. I think smoking weed is a little different than smoking crack but you probably wouldn't know because your too smug and arrogant to be anything than perfect. Do me a favor when your done trying to outdo everyone on here with your holy highness, seriously take a look in the mirror. I guarantee your not as high and mighty and special as you think you are. Please dont respond, just leave it at that, if you feel you must one up me one more time well then, I guess you have to do what you have to do, but dont expect me to read. Im done dealing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area