Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,504,964 times

Advertisements

bmd51 you sound a little bitter. Being fresh out of school doesn't mean unqualified. Just because you are experinced in your field and have mastery of your skills doesn'[t necessarily mean you have the ablity to relay that skill to another. teaching is a skill in itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 8,733 times
Smile lots of teaching jobs at Head Start

CAO Head Start is hiring teaching positions from temporary teacher 1 up to certified teachers for the Universal Pre-K's. Contact them at 70 Harvard Place, Buffalo NY 14209

Quote:
Originally Posted by nar69 View Post
Hey all,

I was wondering how difficult it is to get a teaching job in Buffalo?

I know anywhere up North it's almost impossible with no experience, but how about with 3-5 years of experience? Is a Masters a requirement in New York?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 PM

225 posts, read 716,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
bmd51 you sound a little bitter. Being fresh out of school doesn't mean unqualified. Just because you are experinced in your field and have mastery of your skills doesn'[t necessarily mean you have the ablity to relay that skill to another. teaching is a skill in itself.
Bitter your right. I have a credential from NY and California, Student taught and worked at a school district.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM

I also student taught at Ellicottville Central School. It's all about $$$$$$$$$ what their willing to pay.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 PM

414 posts, read 1,504,964 times
We should have a 'bitter' party, sell tickets and make money that way.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
We should have a 'bitter' party, sell tickets and make money that way.
Ok will do that for your pleasure. Thanks

Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 PM

5 posts, read 32,023 times
Well, my mom just graduated from college, after going back for a career change. She was unable to get a job anywhere in Buffalo, not even the city schools. She got a job in Chataqua (sp?) county, though.

I'd say if you have experience that's a better shot but it's going to be really hard.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:55 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Try here:Western New York Jobs - Buffalo and Rochester Employment listings

Teacher Jobs in Buffalo, NY | Jobster

Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,446 times
If you're looking for a teaching job in the Buffalo/Rochester area, check out teachWNY.com!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,968 times
I don't understand at all. I have two friends, one went to school to teach, graduated last year and immediately got a long term sub and I dont know if she is permanent, but she is still teaching.

My other friend is finishing up her masters, she took time off after she graduated to have her children, and now due to timing has to get her hours in, (she never taught prior to this) - last year she immediately got a sub position then onto long term in the buffalo public school system. She then had some issues with that particular administration and left, she then went immediately to subbing in Williamsville and now has a long term sub job there. She should be getting her final certificate shortly and just needs to finish getting her hours in. These two women had no problems at all finding positions......

Please tell me what I am missing??? No long term experience, they are probably both considered straight out of college, even though one took a lot of time off. They are in their late thirties and I don't think they have any special connections.

I also had an employee of mine go to school and graduate and then straight for her masters, so she was maybe early to mid twenties when she also got a job. First she was at a private school, but within a year was at a public school, a little further out that where she lived. I am not sure what school she is in today, however I just don't get it. I hear stories about how hard it is to get a teachign job, yet the people I know haven't had that experience.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area