Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Which of these East side neighborhoods are good and which are bad?

East Side - Buffalo Neighborhoods Map - University at Buffalo Libraries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,630 times
Kaisertown is probably the one with the highest property values, then Lovejoy

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
What about the Fruit Belt, Masten Park, Schiller Park, Polonia, Humboldt(MLK Jr.) Park and Cold Springs?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM

fruit belt has a pretty rough reputation and the property values are low. Cold springs, Masten, Hamlin and Humbolt park are all predominantly black neighborhoods with a fair amount of crime. That being said there are still some very nice victorian area homes in those neighborhoods.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
fruit belt has a pretty rough reputation and the property values are low. Cold springs, Masten, Hamlin and Humbolt park are all predominantly black neighborhoods with a fair amount of crime. That being said there are still some very nice victorian area homes in those neighborhoods.

You need to keep in mind that even though the homes may be wonderfuly built, value also describes a neighborhood and not just the structure, so sadly even though some of these homes are amazing, the value is very low - due to the neighborhood. Sadly .....

Old 03-13-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
You need to keep in mind that even though the homes may be wonderfuly built, value also describes a neighborhood and not just the structure, so sadly even though some of these homes are amazing, the value is very low - due to the neighborhood. Sadly .....
How do you suppose from my post, that I didn't keep that in mind?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
How do you suppose from my post, that I didn't keep that in mind?
not necessarily you per say, but mentioning some of the great homes, I didnt want others to think that it might be a good investment is all

that's all ......

Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,962 times
Well, Polonia may not be the safest area, or the best kept, nor the most appealing to the visitor at first, for myself it is one of my favorite parts of the city. The amount of potential is soooo overwhelming - looking at the Central Terminal, many churches, bakeries that have been in business for over 100 years, and the famous Broadway Market, Polonia does in fact have a lot going for it currently. Being a 100% Polish Buffalonian, I will continue to invest there as the area has a strong conection to my family line. What an awesome area being renewed and coming back - truly one of my favorite neighborhoods in the country.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Well, Polonia may not be the safest area, or the best kept, nor the most appealing to the visitor at first, for myself it is one of my favorite parts of the city. The amount of potential is soooo overwhelming - looking at the Central Terminal, many churches, bakeries that have been in business for over 100 years, and the famous Broadway Market, Polonia does in fact have a lot going for it currently. Being a 100% Polish Buffalonian, I will continue to invest there as the area has a strong conection to my family line. What an awesome area being renewed and coming back - truly one of my favorite neighborhoods in the country.
as a realtor, I hope you are correct!!!!!! Mike Miller? is doing all he can for the central terminal. I am happy that you are positively investing in that area and if it is working for you, wonderful!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
as a realtor, I hope you are correct!!!!!! Mike Miller? is doing all he can for the central terminal. I am happy that you are positively investing in that area and if it is working for you, wonderful!!!!
I won't release a lot of info to you in what I'm involved in, but this is a great website for the area in general! Broadway Fillmore Alive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area