Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
One thing that I noticed that was unlike Buffalo was that everyone was in a hurry. Why? It's not like there are only 23 hours in a day in Boston. It's worse than NYC.

PS - I drove through the Bronx Expressway, big mistake if any of you travel that way. It took me 1.25 hours to drive 4.8 miles because of an accident. This was in off-peak, weekend traffic.
I'd never drive the Bronx expressway. That highway scares the living daylights out of me. Take the Tappan Zee Bridge next time, especially if you have to cross from west to east. Tolls on Tappan Zee are New York rates ( around $4.00 a car) but tolls on the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels and the George Washington Bridge are New Jersey rates and are three times more expensive. The Garden State is one of the greediest states I have ever been to when it comes to public revenue.

As for Boston, it is a fast city all right. People here keep thinking that they can beat rush hour traffic by moving quickly but when everyone does it at the same time, traffic comes to a snarl .

Old 08-21-2009, 08:28 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,545,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I'd never drive the Bronx expressway. That highway scares the living daylights out of me. Take the Tappan Zee Bridge next time, especially if you have to cross from west to east. Tolls on Tappan Zee are New York rates ( around $4.00 a car) but tolls on the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels and the George Washington Bridge are New Jersey rates and are three times more expensive. The Garden State is one of the greediest states I have ever been to when it comes to public revenue.

As for Boston, it is a fast city all right. People here keep thinking that they can beat rush hour traffic by moving quickly but when everyone does it at the same time, traffic comes to a snarl .
I've never seen as many toll roads in such a small state as I have in Jersey. Pretty much every major highway & bridge leading into the state is a toll anymore.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area