Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM

10 posts, read 36,922 times

Advertisements

Oh and there is a lot of growth in CDA, but that's not necessarily a bad thing-it's better than a dwindling town. The population is a little higher in CDA but not by much. The crime rate is also a bit higher in CDA than in Burlington, but has decreased in both places in the past five years. Both are safe places to live.

I also had a good chuckle at the talk of Nazi's. It's ridiculous to associate either CDA or Burlington with supremacist groups, gangs, nut cases, etc. Those minority sub-groups are everywhere. It may be mentioned more in those towns when it happens because it doesn't happen often so it's big news. That's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,425 times
Having lived in NE for 18 years...and living/visitng ID for over 20 years...I'd pick Burlington--only because of the proximity to the East Coast.

On the Neo-Nazi thing, I would take all that with a big grain of salt. However, in my experience there are a lot of closet racists in ID. Flame on...

On the Morman thing...they are conservative and have a large hold on the State...close to the choking point. It's a red meat state...with a pocket of liberal influence in the Northend and Bench area of Boise--THAT'S IT.

Burlington is tough to recommend due to the weather and taxes...other than that...CD'A might have a slight edge if you can get over the fact of...little culture, boring atmosphere, and if you don't ski, cycle, run, hunt, or nature watch--you are bored to tears.

I left ID to push east...doubt I will be back, admittedly it pretty...just can't stand the boredom.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 AM

12 posts, read 23,301 times
I have to agree.... went to Idaho again this summer. Flew into Boise, drove to Yellowstone then drove to Coeur D'Alene thru Montana and then from Coeur D'Alene to Boise. The one stretch that didnt appeal to us was the southern half of Idaho....... too brown for us. Maybe we are just use to seeing a lot of green, like we have on the east coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
it's nice to see someone who loves where they live....but you'd be in the minority in a poll for what is the most scenic of the two areas; boisie or coeur d'alene. boise is pretty bare imo, and i like deserts. but glad you stnd up for your town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT