Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 AM

20 posts, read 43,652 times

Advertisements

How is the current job market for managerial positions in Burlington? More specifically, my girlfriend and I are looking for marketing jobs. We both are in the late 20s.

Thanks for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 01:14 PM

189 posts, read 302,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui_st View Post
How is the current job market for managerial positions in Burlington? More specifically, my girlfriend and I are looking for marketing jobs. We both are in the late 20s.
In short, the market is dismal to nonexistent. However, it's typical for people who ask this question not to believe the answer (which isn't necessarily true of you). So I suggest you do some research on this yourself. Go through the jobs in Burlington on any big job site (say, Monster) and apply to those you're qualified for, then wait and see what happens. I suggest this approach because it can be very misleading to see many listings of jobs you could do, and you may assume this means there's a lot of job potential for you. What you don't know is how much competition there may be for those jobs. Are the potential employers receiving half a dozen good applicants or several hundred? It does make a difference, particularly if you live out of state. Most employers will give preference to those who live in the state, all other factors being equal. If you're called back and invited to interview, you'll know there's hope. If, on the other hand, you send out a hundred resumes and they drop into a crack between the universes, that too will tell you something.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,255,185 times
Here is one place to look.

Jobrapido | Marketing Jobs in Burlington, VT - Job Search

Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,293,156 times
Seven Days is the best local source for advertised job openings (IMO)
Seven Days Classifieds | Vermont Jobs, Apartments, Cars, Services and Stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
View detailed profiles of: