Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,109 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if there are other threads on this... if so let me know.

I live in downtown burlington (off pearl street, close to Church) and have a parking spot. However, my boyfriend visits frequently and I live on a permit only street (which I can not get a permit for). What streets in the downtown area can you park on for free at night? What other recs do you have for the parking situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,826,625 times
There is at least one parking garage near you......make it easy on yourselves and check out monthy rates.

Being that winter is getting close if you can find a free parking spot near downtown your going to have to find another place when the snow removal parking ban goes into effect. In addition just leaving a car overnight on a random street overnight is not wise for several reasons.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove765 View Post
I'm not sure if there are other threads on this... if so let me know.

I live in downtown burlington (off pearl street, close to Church) and have a parking spot. However, my boyfriend visits frequently and I live on a permit only street (which I can not get a permit for). What streets in the downtown area can you park on for free at night? What other recs do you have for the parking situation?

We stayed at a bed and breakfast on Pearl street on our honeymoon, and remember there being a parking garage near the area. It was near the "Daily Planet" restaurant.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 8,322 times
Can anyone tell me where I can park downtown Burlington during the day that might be free? I start a job next week above the mall and there is no parking so I am trying to find out where I can Park? Thank you

Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 PM

74 posts, read 121,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy bouchard View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can park downtown Burlington during the day that might be free? I start a job next week above the mall and there is no parking so I am trying to find out where I can Park? Thank you
find a spot where they stopped putting up meters and walk.
that would be the north end.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:20 AM

400 posts, read 849,805 times
There's free parking at the U-mall! :P Last time I really had to deal with Burlington parking most of my street options were transforming into resident only parking (which meant no one could park there and only 2 cars did park there)

Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM

331 posts, read 990,177 times
The u-mall isn't exactly dowtown... You have to take a bus to get from the u-mall to downtown. It doesn't run very late, either.

If you're working at the Church St Mall, you can park for a couple hours in their garage for free. If you're working all day, just take a break every couple hours, go pull your car out, turn around, then go back in with a new ticket. Free parking FTW!!

Or just park a couple blocks away in the north end and walk. It's not very far. Your car should be fine; mine always was.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 PM

74 posts, read 121,356 times
what would his employer say if he took a 20 minute brake every 1h 45m?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM

331 posts, read 990,177 times
Hopefully it wouldn't take 20 minutes to pull your car out and right back in. It generally took me about 5. And my employer at the mall was understanding about it until I got a free parking pass. They know the drill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT