Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 12,748 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to elope in Burlington in April, and am wondering if anyone knows of any great indoor spaces. Its just going to be and my partner, so we don't need anything to fancy. Thanks again.

Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6247 View Post
I am wanting to elope in Burlington in April, and am wondering if anyone knows of any great indoor spaces. Its just going to be and my partner, so we don't need anything to fancy. Thanks again.

Ryan

Congratulations, Ryan!

Since it will be you, your partner, and the person performing the wedding, you want a comfortable, attractive, intimate space, right? Somewhere that usually hosts a party might seem cavernous with three people in it.

I'm not sure what you and your partner enjoy -- what's your style? What about a Burlington restaurants with ambiance? A Single Pebble (http://www.asinglepebble.com/homepage.htm - broken link) comes to mind. Anyone here in Burlington have other ideas? Are there large greenhouses, an indoor arboretum, or a cool gallery where it might be fun to get married (and yield a nice background for a few photos, too)?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 AM

Default Elope

We really enjoy the outdoors, but since its early Spring we weren't sure how the temperature would be. I saw online at one B&B they had someone elope under a bridge, and I thought that would make pretty cool pics as well.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,269,613 times
If the weather is nice would you consider doing it outside? Waterfront Park and it's view would be beautiful.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 PM

274 posts, read 673,919 times
I would do it at the Echo, either on the back deck overlooking the lake, or somewhere inside.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:24 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momnh View Post
I would do it at the Echo, either on the back deck overlooking the lake, or somewhere inside.
I think this is a great suggestion. If the weather's nice, you'd be in a beautiful area to get married outside. If it's raining or otherwise inclement, the Echo Center rocks! I was there for an event in June and thought, "This would be an awesome place to get married." I asked and it turns out people do get married there. Some rent the whole place, which of course you wouldn't need. Just being in there is fun.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
And there are Boat options.

Lake Champlain Cruises - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping and more... (http://travel.kosmix.com/topic/Lake_Champlain_Cruises?p=hl&as=yhoo&ac=1403 - broken link)

Old 02-06-2010, 05:26 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
No offense, but isn't the whole idea of eloping doing it suddenly without making plans? LOL. Have fun when you get there.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
There are some nice interior spaces at ECHO, which, if you don't know it, is an aquarium on the shore of Lake Champlain. I'm sure there are lots of other nice interior spaces in Burlington, but I live in Montpelier so probably someone who lives up in Burlington would be in a better position to make suggestions.

You may know this already, but there are no residency or waiting periods to get married in Vermont. Here's a link to the Secretary of State's web page, and the top listing is for the guide to weddings.
Vermont Secretary of State - Marriages and Civil Unions
Weddings can be performed by clergy, justices of the peace, or by someone who, for a fee, gets a license to perform a single wedding ceremony. Although there is no waiting period, you must get the license from a town clerk, which means that you'll need to be there during business hours. In most of the cities town clerks are open M-F, 8:00-4:30, but in smaller towns the clerk is only open part-time, so be prepared.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Wow

Wow, thanks for all the help. I am so excited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
View detailed profiles of: