Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,318 times

Advertisements

Instead of 'U.S. post office' it could be something like 'Coca-cola post office.'

What about even selling ad's on their mail trucks to help also?

Do you think they should consider doing this?

I will admit I have never bought stamps in my life and I pay all my bills online, I print out coupons as well. But I know some people who still use the post office and need the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Instead of 'U.S. post office' it could be something like 'Coca-cola post office.'
funny.

At some point they'll need to cut back operations...
5 days vs 6; alternate or 3rd day residential delivery.

That might be enough to solve most of the current and future issues.
But that still leaves the pensions they haven't been funding properly.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post

What about even selling ad's on their mail trucks to help also?

Do you think they should consider doing this?

I will admit I have never bought stamps in my life and I pay all my bills online, I print out coupons as well. But I know some people who still use the post office and need the mail.
The post office will be fine as long as congress stops imposing on them draconian rules that of course other government agencies or private industries have to deal with.
Thats without even touching reducing deliveries and laying off etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business