Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,878 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have an information based travel website. It is on blogger, but I bought a domain name for it. It was rejected from Google Adsense I think due to it being new and not having a lot of content (though it does have a good many blog posts now). I want to run some banner ads on it as a pay per impression. I get less than 1,000 visitors a day. What are some good companies I can get banner ads from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times
Yeah before applying to adsense I would have let your blog exist for a couple weeks and also have a minimum of 10 quality articles probably more like 20.

How are you getting info and content for your site are you just taking stuff from other sites or writing unique articles?

I don't know if were allowed to post links but feel free to PM me your site if you want, I'm happy to take a look. I run about 25 different sites, all on blogger with the exception of one or two wordpress sites. I'm not one of these guys making 100k a month but I make $300 to $350 a month pretty passively with my sites.

Adsense in my opinion is one of the best progrms out there, I know people complain its not what it used to be but I've tried ebay partner network, alot of pay per action programs and adsense has always worked out the best. Join Commission junction and some other sites and do the travel programs. I think beaches and sandals have affiliate programs as does I think apple vacations.

I could be wrong about this but I think there's laws which proghibit airlines from offering kickbacks to affiliates so your probably going to have more hotel and orbitz type affiliates selling packages.

If you are getting paid per impression with your low traffic your not going to make much, plus pay per click is how most programs are setup anyway, ebay is pay per impression i believe but its more for sales, problem they have a 1 day cookie and ebay wouldn't really work well for travel.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,878 times
I am writing unique blog posts. Great ideas so far, thanks!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:18 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
You need to get the bots to pick it up, by having a link to it on your signature in popular related forums that allow it. Look for travel forums, read the terms of service, and join. Many will allow your website link but not direct advertising on posts, but you can pay them to advertise.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
You need to get the bots to pick it up, by having a link to it on your signature in popular related forums that allow it. Look for travel forums, read the terms of service, and join. Many will allow your website link but not direct advertising on posts, but you can pay them to advertise.
I'm no SEO expert but I know with the recent google updates forum posts and sigs arent as valuable as they used to be. Also, many if not most forums make signature links no follow which means you dont get the backlink, the only bonus is if you actually post quality responses on the forums and people consider you an expert on a location you may get people visiting your site that way.

Google has kind of gone the direction of content and quality backlinks so do manual backlinks I know it takes time but you'll wind up doing more harm than good buying fiverr gigs for spam backlinks.

Also get an active social media plan going, make a facebook page about disney travel, stuff like that.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM

420 posts, read 768,392 times
Traffic is king. You wont make money unless you drive major traffic. How to get traffic? Well, there are voluminous amounts of information on that.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekn View Post
Traffic is king. You wont make money unless you drive major traffic. How to get traffic? Well, there are voluminous amounts of information on that.
These days it's not really about onpage and offpage seo as much as in the past. It used to be about sheer number of links and backlinks, now you actually get penalized for that stuff if its not quality.

These days number one way to generate traffic is content. SEO optimized articles, 500 words or less, keyword only used 3%. Btw, there's websites with a text box where you can write your article and it will count your words and tell you the keyword density so you can make sure your at 3%. Make sure your on page seo is spot on. This will bring the backlinks and the google rank, if you go seeking out backlinks and off site seo your probably doing more harm than good.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 AM

I didn't say anything about backlinks. I said traffic.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekn View Post
I didn't say anything about backlinks. I said traffic.
You said traffic is key you need traffic to make money there's lots of ways to get traffic. Not trying to be a jerk but your stating the obvious, thats like saying to make money in business you need lots of customers frequenting your business or hiring you to perform your service. Well duh lol.

You need to offer some suggestions on how to get traffic. My point about commenting on backlinks was basically saying too many bloggers worry about backlinks, seo and spend all this time on attracting people to a blog lacking content.

My point was content is king. Good some good content and visitors will come, traffic will come, they will post your blog and that will get you backlinks. Not saying seo, backlinks, etc aren't important but people focus on that over content. content is whats gonna bring search engine visitors

Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 PM

^ Well most people, probably the OP included, look for all the ways to generate revenue without addressing traffic or content. I totally agree that solid content is the only surefire method to ensure traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business