Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 09:28 PM

97 posts, read 105,628 times

Advertisements

thank you guys for your inputs
yes I should have been more careful but everything she sent me (the seller) in our exchange messages,, the info, details, the forms, were all showing serious business.. skilled thieves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 10:16 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
........ I am here in the US but ordered the stuff to be shipped to another country where my friend is going to sell them.
What other country? Your stuff might be sitting in a custom's office waiting to be cleared (have the very expensive import duties paid). Some one needs to go to Customs and find out if it is there.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:33 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
You should go check customs.

They need to be cleared and taxes must be paid.

You're not just gonna pay them and get it shipped like Amazon.

If it's not shipped and scam contact Alibaba support for that.

They might help.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:34 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
You should have google "Alibaba" before sending cold hard cash to them. I remember I google it once and there was tons and tons of complaints about scams and buyers losing money.

An expensive lesson. Never, ever send money to ANYONE. Always, always do business with a credit card.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
You should have google "Alibaba" before sending cold hard cash to them. I remember I google it once and there was tons and tons of complaints about scams and buyers losing money.

An expensive lesson. Never, ever send money to ANYONE. Always, always do business with a credit card.
Nothing wrong with Alibaba, its where most businesses in China sell to other businesses.

But you got to pay in a proper way, use Alipay. Even in the US, it would be silly to pay a business with western union.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:54 PM

97 posts, read 105,628 times
the country I am shipping to is the Emirates. he is going to ask the custom thank you for that reminder. As for other payment methods, you are all right, I shouldn't have paid that way but I did not have a good experience on that, but now sure I am

thanks again to all of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business