Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,116 times

Advertisements

Ok, Maybe I posted this on the wrong forum before. However, I'm going to try it on here... HELP!!

I have 5 cell phones with a company where I live here in Texas. The company has sold out more than once or twice since I have started with them. The last time the new company from up north changed simm cards to get everyone on the same billing cycle they clam. However, either way, they have gotten so slow that when my contract ends I have decided to go with another company.
4 of the 5 phones have contracts that end this month of May on the 14th.
I have one main phone that the other 4 phones are tied to as: share the min. with. The main phone along with 3 other phones have the contracts that end this month. However, One phone has a contract that doesn't end till Sept. of 2013. It is a share the min. If I port my main phone to another company, It leaves the one phone without a phone to share from. The company I'm with now says I'll have to sign another contract that won't extend the original contract. However, It will cost me over $700.00 to complete the contract.?? If I close the phone out they want $250.00 for ETF. (Early termination fee). Can they force me to sign another contract or charge me with an ETF? Also, How, Can I get out of the existing contract? They had a contract for only $19.95 but say they don't offer that contract now. It seems they are only trying to get money out of me. I have offered to sign that contract but they say that they cant offer me that contract any longer. ?? Either way their service no longer works well. what can I do?
Thanks
Nutcase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,732 times
If you are transfering that many lines to a new carrier, I would call the carrier and ask them to cover the early termination fee with your old carrier in order to gain your business. A company with decent customer service might realize the value of adding that many lines and cover the small cost.

Sprint supposedly has the highest customer service rating, and they are rolling out their new 4G network (LTE) in a few Texas cities in the next few months. I'm not sure about their plans involving minutes, but they have unlimited data. That might be good for you if you have kids that are big into smart phones. Sprint is cheaper than AT&T and Verizon. I like them because I don't have to keep an eye on my usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business