Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 06:01 AM

30 posts, read 14,618 times

Advertisements

I was looking here around the forum hoping to get some ideas for my next batch of business cards. This is never a happy occasion for me so I kept postponing it till the very last moment. Anyway, I saw digital business cards mentioned and got warmed up for the idea. Digging around the reviews and features offered took me to Uniqode. I'll definitely go for this maker, so I'm all set at that end. However, there was a list of some design suggestions with circular QR codes on their site. So cool! I wasn't going to print any cards, but now I really like the idea of printing a small batch and adding this round QR code. For those of you who have a digital business card, did you keep the traditional ones too or did you fully switch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2023, 06:30 AM

70 posts, read 51,854 times
Despite my son's suggestion, I eventually printed some paper cards as an addition to the digital business card I made earlier this year. Shared a few so far, there are still people who prefer them. Love the idea of round QR codes, by the way.

Old 12-15-2023, 06:36 AM

61 posts, read 45,161 times
I agree about the round QR codes, to me, they look a lot better than the square ones. To answer the question, I fully switched to digital business cards. Maybe it depends on the industry if you'll need paper cards and how often. So far, I haven't had any problems sharing my digital card. I mean, no one asked me for a paper card after I offered a digital one. I guess it can't hurt to have some traditional cards, I just don't need them.

Old 12-15-2023, 07:33 AM

30 posts, read 14,618 times
Thank you both, I think I'll print some just in case. It will likely be the last time I do it.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:12 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
I couldn't imagine not having printed business cards. I'm a business owner and just today I had someone come in and ask for a few cards to pass out. I also have a larger postcard size card with more information that gets included with every order. When I attend local business networking meetings, printed cards are exchanged. Nobody is using digital methods or scanning QR codes that I've seen, and not everybody has a phone on them at all times (I'm def one of those). I always carry business cards with me because, sure enough, whenever I don't have them with me is when I have a random business encounter with someone and they ask for my card.

I'm not against QR codes and do use them in marketing and for Google reviews.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:34 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
But if you don't give them a paper business card, they won't have anything to write their To Do lists on the back of.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:38 PM

7,478 posts, read 3,219,325 times
I think have a QR code tattooed on your hand Or, maybe forehead.

I think do something distinct if you are going to print them (like unusually artistic or unusually heavy card stock). Unless you think your info will change too often.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:43 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,230,252 times
My company has printed cards only for salespeople. Everyone else has digital cards. I've literally NEVER used my digital card.

Problem is, I'm a project manager. I'm out in the field, meeting with all kinds of people. Not necessarily the 'client' who is making the big decisions. The people who need my contact info are oftentimes receptionists, facility managers, other subcontractors, and end users. Many of them do not have company-issued cell phones that they can tap to my digital card to get my info. I end up just writing my name, email, and phone number down on a post-it.

These things are really stupid.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:54 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
I still keep a book with business cards. Lost phone, no internet, no problem.

Old 01-07-2024, 06:54 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesparrow View Post
I was looking here around the forum hoping to get some ideas for my next batch of business cards. This is never a happy occasion for me so I kept postponing it till the very last moment. Anyway, I saw digital business cards mentioned and got warmed up for the idea. Digging around the reviews and features offered took me to Uniqode. I'll definitely go for this maker, so I'm all set at that end. However, there was a list of some design suggestions with circular QR codes on their site. So cool! I wasn't going to print any cards, but now I really like the idea of printing a small batch and adding this round QR code. For those of you who have a digital business card, did you keep the traditional ones too or did you fully switch?
If you have inkjet or laser printer why not makeup some paper cards & print them as you need them. Like the idea of printing QR codes.

Could be something to compare cost of Avery cards against having them printed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business