Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,431,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I was really sad when the one by us closed. I liked their ice cream. But I know they were in trouble when I would walk in most of the time and there would be 2 employees and no customers.
Check and see if there is a Marble Slab Creamery near you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 04:48 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,154,395 times
Quote:
..so Humanoid I'm not sure what your Karma will be or maybe you had some coming already and that might be the reason for judging so harsh...
Oh yes, I'm really worried about my Karma? What the?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,757,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Check and see if there is a Marble Slab Creamery near you.
Ill check it out!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,724,581 times
I have to admit I like the ice cream at CSC, however its is EXTREMELY pricey......

To be fair though, I don't think its an accurate comment to say "if I want ice cream, I'll buy a tub of it at the store". Listen, if you have a couple kids and finish a little league game and you want to treat the kids, what are you going to do? Tell the kids "hey guys! lets goto walmart and by a pint of Breyers because its a hell of alot cheaper than going to DQ"...

Lets not get rediculous here people......

Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I have to admit I like the ice cream at CSC, however its is EXTREMELY pricey......

To be fair though, I don't think its an accurate comment to say "if I want ice cream, I'll buy a tub of it at the store". Listen, if you have a couple kids and finish a little league game and you want to treat the kids, what are you going to do? Tell the kids "hey guys! lets goto walmart and by a pint of Breyers because its a hell of alot cheaper than going to DQ"...

Lets not get rediculous here people......
I wish we had a DQ near us. When my daughter and I want a treat we either go to Baskin Robbins or Marble Slab.

On other occasions we purchase ice cream for home but I don't buy Breyers, it just doesn't taste as good. I prefer to take home Baskin Robbins or a more expensive brands.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:17 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,368,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
On other occasions we purchase ice cream for home but I don't buy Breyers, it just doesn't taste as good. I prefer to take home Baskin Robbins or a more expensive brands.
Wow really. I think Breyers taste like freshly turned ice cream from an ice cream maker. However, that is different than Baskin Robbins because those are much thicker. I guess people have gotten used to the thicker stuff (more Hagen Daz style).

Old 06-22-2008, 12:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
Wow really. I think Breyers taste like freshly turned ice cream from an ice cream maker. However, that is different than Baskin Robbins because those are much thicker. I guess people have gotten used to the thicker stuff (more Hagen Daz style).
I don't like Bryers at all. I don't like the texture. (as you said) Now Hagen Daz I can handle.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,672,871 times
It's all about air and fat content, folks. The good stuff has less air and more fat.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
I'm more into the Hagen Daz and Breyers makes a pint size that is more upmarket that I like. I also like Ben and Jerrys as well although some of their flavors are a little over the top.

One of these days I am going to break down and buy the Kitchenaid attachment and make my own ice cream.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,067 times
Default purchase a Cold Stone for $42,000

I realize that buying a Coldstone is now not on the top of everyones list, but is there a price the franchise DOES make sense?

I may have the opportunity to buy an existing Coldstone franchise that is currently corporate run. The store is only a few years old and is fully equipped and operational. The original franchisee lost so much money they just walked away from it. They told me they invested over $400,000 and couldn't make a profit because of their high debt payments.

The franchisor wants desperately to re-franchise the store and is willing to sell it for just the franchise fee of $42,000, which would include all FF&E. It sems that even if the buiness doesn't do well the eguipment and fixtures could be sold to recapture the $42,000.

The lease is approximately $2,500 per month and the store is averaging approximately $600 per day in sales.

Is this a good risk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business