Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 09:31 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times

Advertisements

I heard about this on the radio the other day. The little girls Mom was killed sometime between Sunday and Monday and the little girl hasn't been seen since. It appears the little girl was abducted but there are no suspects at the moment. The girls father didn't live with them but from what I have been reading he is not suspect or at least the police are hesitant to say he is. As a father myself I can't even imagine what the the family is going through. I would be going nuts. The little girls Father is originally from Halifax Nova Scotia. He is my age and went to school with close fiends of mine. I didn't go to the same school as most of my friends, but I vaguely remember this guy.

I hope the little girl is found safe and sound. I feel so sad for her, even if she is found safe she lost her Mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZihps-W7Q

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 07-13-2016 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 10:54 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Scary story. I hope they find her soon.

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-13-2016 at 11:12 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 05:57 AM

Yes, very scary and disturbing.

it appears police have a man in custody right now, but still little info has been made public. I hope this new development leads to finding the little girl.

Man in custody in case of missing 5-year-old Taliyah Leigh Marsman - Calgary - CBC News

Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,319 times
Sadly they found the little girl's body just a short while ago.

Edward Downey the guy police have in custody will be charged with murder. Wonder if he was the mother's boyfriend or something or she just had bad luck and came into random contact with her murderer.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:19 PM

Default Horrible .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Sadly they found the little girl's body just a short while ago.

Edward Downey the guy police have in custody will be charged with murder. Wonder if he was the mother's boyfriend or something or she just had bad luck and came into random contact with her murderer.
I had a bad feeling this was going to be the out come ! I can not even imagine how someone could to this. Horrified.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:29 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ****ing heart broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since I heard this I have been huggin and kissing my daughter a little more. I am ****ing tearsright now!! Did you guys see the pictures of that little girl????????

Old 07-15-2016, 05:28 PM

There are truly cruel sick people in the world. The exist and always have. You just never know. Absolutely disturbing.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:16 AM

The Father and the killing suspect both have ties to Nova Scotia. Since they released the name of the suspect I guessed he would have tied to NS since both his last names are very common there. I am reading conflicting stories though. Some articles say the father and the suspect had no ties at all, others like the CBC article below say not only do they know each other but it says they share gang ties...

Quote:
Taliyah's father, Colin Marsman, is originally from Nova Scotia and police say he, Sara Baillie and their daughter were all acquainted with Downey. Police say Marsman shares the gang connection with Downey, and Baillie's most recent boyfriend.
Edward Downey, charged in death of Taliyah Marsman, has Halifax ties - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Old 07-16-2016, 08:27 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
Downey has a criminal record going back more than 20 years, including drug trafficking and living off the avails of prostitution. That last conviction is a clue to his criminal associates in Nova Scotia. The North Preston drug and prostitution gang. I don't know why a small town in NS seems to produce so many pimps.

Jim B.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Downey has a criminal record going back more than 20 years, including drug trafficking and living off the avails of prostitution. That last conviction is a clue to his criminal associates in Nova Scotia. The North Preston drug and prostitution gang. I don't know why a small town in NS seems to produce so many pimps.

Jim B.
Yeah, it's pretty weird. I wouldn't even consider North Preston a town. Its just a bunch of back roads in the woods outide of Dartmouth NS. This **** has been going on for decades now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary