Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,972 times

Advertisements

I am from Louisville, KY and my job is relocating to a near-bay area city of my choice. I was originally born in Santa Cruz but have not lived there for twenty years. I am a young professional looking for affordable housing (a condo would be ideal but not required right away as my budget is under $200k). I am looking for a city that is near many hospitals and surgery centers (work required) but is also very close (under 40 mins) to the nearest beach. I want a nightlife for young people that also caters to "the culturally savvy" that is full of pubs and places to dance. I have been looking at areas in and around San Jose and Santa Cruz, but would like some real insight as this is going to be a VERY big decision for me to make in the very near future. I appreciate everyone's help! I can give more specs if needed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:52 PM

4 posts, read 34,239 times
Santa Cruz is a beautiful town but has sections that are not as clean or safe as others, like any other town. The west side of Santa Cruz has some beautiful homes near West Cliff Drive, the road that snakes along the ocean on the west side of town. As you go up the hill on the west side there are beautiful homes, that have breath taking views of the ocean and some views all the way to Monterrey. Although this area is expensive for renters, since the UCSC campus is close by. On the East side of Santa Cruz there are also nice areas close to the Harbor and East Cliff Drive. As in night life for the Santa Cruz area, there are restraunts and bars along Pacifis Ave., Ocean St, and 41st Ave.

As you get into Capitola there are nice areas that have a different feel from Santa Cruz. It is a small town feel with clean streets, and less homeless cpomparred to Santa Cruz. For night life there are many restraunts and abrs in the Capitola Village area.

In Aptos there are many nice areas near the ocean close to Seacliff State Beach and Rio Del Mar, but there are also many beautiful homes as you get into the hills, right out of town. The houses are secluded by trees with a lot of land, but still just a few minutes from down town.

You can see more information at my blog:

http://activerain.com/blogs/petecullen

Just delete the [url]'s at the beginning and end of that URL when you type it in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California