Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
A) not sure there is anything saying someone can't go to work drunk. Maybe the rules of the company, but it's hardly illegal to be drunk at work.

B) I seem to recall that is not legal to ask or test for tabaco use because it's legal to use. I don't see why weed would be different.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Actually, we do have laws against being drunk in public. Your work is a public place - it's not your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
You are correct, and that is precisely why drug tests are so stupid. A positive test result doesn't prove you came to work high, it only proves you like to smoke weed during your PERSONAL time. What's wrong with that?
well I guess if you ever come even close to getting a job and they require drug testing you will find out huh?

Nita

Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
If I deleted the postings that are "off topic", I think the thread would have nothing beyond the original posting.

Kind of like a random chat, or insult, thread.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 AM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well I guess if you ever come even close to getting a job and they require drug testing you will find out huh?

Nita
easy, cheat the test

Old 10-10-2010, 05:44 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
good to see you on the boards. I know how much you want to return to Ca and I know you won't live off the system. If you wanted to, you would have returned by now. Hope that transfer comes through for you asap.

Nita
Thanks Nita. Took alot of time to mature and think things through about moving to CA. It's been 5+ years in the works and finally I got the job I needed that would provide my transfer. Now I just save some more and keep planning.

Legalizing pot in my opinion is a bad thing. If someone hurts or kills someone else on the job or highway it will be really hard to convict since it's legal to be in your system.
Alcohol, while possibly more destructive, shows up in your blood while your intoxicated but after 10 hours is mostly gone. You drink n drive and get tested your busted, pot it wont be as easy because it's in your bloodstream for 2 weeks.
The debate marches on...hopefully this don't pass.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman51 View Post
Thank you for moving to California instead of Tennessee! We appreciate it!
And for leaving Texas...

Old 10-10-2010, 11:06 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Actually, we do have laws against being drunk in public.
True.

Quote:
Your work is a public place - it's not your home.
Disagree. Unless you work for the [city/county/state/FedGov], your work place is private property, not public space. If your business allows your to drink while you're there, there isn't much any law can do to stop it. Obviously, there are regulations on operating certain equipment/machinery while drinking, but as a general rule, there is nothing legally stopping you from drinking at work. Now .... as I said, the policies of the business obviously would come into play.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:35 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
I think you meant INsanity, but you'll see for yourself when you get there.
Make a list 1 thru 10.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
True.

Disagree. Unless you work for the [city/county/state/FedGov], your work place is private property, not public space. If your business allows your to drink while you're there, there isn't much any law can do to stop it. Obviously, there are regulations on operating certain equipment/machinery while drinking, but as a general rule, there is nothing legally stopping you from drinking at work. Now .... as I said, the policies of the business obviously would come into play.
It may be private property, but for purposes of the law, it is still IN PUBLIC. You do know what I do for a living, right???

Old 10-10-2010, 01:08 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Why would I know what you do for a living?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California